Bribo

Newly Enlightened
I had a couple of 3d and 4d mags lying around so for my first mod i did this:

Britelumes heat sink
sst-90 from 4 sevens
10 000 mah accupower NiMh LSD D cells
Aspheric lens
Stock mag switch (i want resistance)
Bezel extension to cover light bounce back by epoying another mag bezel to the exterior of the original one (worked great)
4D mag host

Put everything together and turned it on ...... BRIGHT VERY BRIGHT but 12.5 Amps at the tail :O. Turned it off and took it apart and put everything in a 3d host for a few months (running around 4A), but i could not stop thinking about how bright that baby was at 12 A.

At a suggestion from electrolumens I purchased a surface mount 0.1 ohm 50W resistor from avnet. It arrived yesterday and i glued it to the underside of the heat sink with arctic alumina adhesive and hooked everything up in the 4D host. Now I'm getting 8.5 amps at the tail and everything seems to work great. heat buildup is way more than the 3 cell but its not to bad with thermal paste in the threads, i ran a full set of batteries through it today at work and no color shift so far.

So very bright. Thanks for all the help to everyone that posted before me on this mod, i could not have done this without all the good info posted here.