My first "real" incan

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire 6PL with the KX4 Bezel and because of the bezel I cannot install any P60 style dropins, as it is sealed. So I decided to just buy a replacement Z44 bezel instead, however they didn't have any in stock so they sent me a vintage version instead (the round ones with no anti-roll feature) :twothumbs.

I only bought the bezel so that I could drop in a Malkoff M61W but not having a P60 lamp handy was a little worrying as I didn't know whether or not the bezel fitted correctly; that was when I remembered that I had a dead Surefire P60 lying around for about a year in my drawer (how I got my hands on the lamp is a long story).

So I popped it in my torch and to my surprise, it fired up! So I'm pretty happy right now as I scored a vintage 6P bezel and that I have a free P60 lamp to go with it.

As I'm used to using white LED's, I can now appreciate the usefulness of a warm incan beam.

P.S. would any of you be able to tell me when the Vintage bezels ceased production?

Jeremy

Brigadier

Enlightened
IMO, the biggest advantage SureFire had was the open design allowing P60 sized drop ins to suit the user's tastes/needs. Their new direction with sealed LED bezels is a big mistake, I believe, but as long as they keep the regular series in production....

With everyone changing to LED's, you should be able to post a WTB thread in CPFMP for P60/P61/P90/P91 LA's and get them very reasonably.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
We do not know the sales numbers for incandescents lights, but we know the trend is for LEDs. What happens is that the Surefire could not guarantee the prolonged use of high power LED without it damage.

IMHO, the integrated module [KX conversions] was a solution to Surefire compete again with other high output drop-ins, and can provide us your warranty already known. This is one way road, however we can consider the KX series the new "drop-ins". I would be not surprised see chineses models in KX standard soon. At least I hope so! :whistle:

PS: As long as we buy incans, there will be them! C'mon buy'em!!!! :p

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire will not stop the production of incan due to the demand, theres still advantage for incan over led such as high CRI, warm beam, fog/smog piercing ability, well focused incan can do as good as led where sf is.

KX series led have an advantage that it have a well-contact between led and bezel which provide better heat sink in order to extend the led's life.
if you want to use D26 drop in, just buy the non-led version, cheaper and flexible

BTW, on taobao.com, theres some "chinese surefire",
ive seen G2, 6P
but of course the quality is very................middle finger:whistle: