Need Computer help quick

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goto your Start > Shutdown. Choose reboot into MS-DOS mode. When it finishes loading, type

format C:/s

and press yes to confirm the format.

Do you have AIM? PM it to me and we can walk this through.

Dan

raggie33

*the raggedier*
why are u reformating are u installing new os?if u r installing 2000 or xp id just boot form cd and u can format it from the cd but only fat32 or ntfs

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
why are u reformating are u installing new os?if u r installing 2000 or xp id just boot form cd and u can format it from the cd but only fat32 or ntfs

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops, good point... or he might want to install something older... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dan

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i sure wouldnt want to run 95.if i recall microsoft dont suport it no more. so well the stuff they do suport aint to stable or secure id hate to try something they dont suport lolif funds are low run linux something like redhat is simple mandrake is to.there a tad slow compared to other distros such as gentoo but they are ok

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
i sure wouldnt want to run 95.if i recall microsoft dont suport it no more. so well the stuff they do suport aint to stable or secure id hate to try something they dont suport lolif funds are low run linux something like redhat is simple mandrake is to.there a tad slow compared to other distros such as gentoo but they are ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, they don't support 98 anymore!

Dan

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i didnt know that that bad 98 is not to old i been on 200 for a long time though. ran xp for a while but it felt bloated to me.so now i dual boot linux and 2000 with service pack 4