Please help me find a 3-mode AA flashlight

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a AA flashlight with only 3-modes low, medium, high. No strobe or SOS. I prefer XP-G R5 LED. Price range $30-$60.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

joe1512

Enlightened
The 4sevens quark is ok, but has strobe n stuff. I believe they are hidden modes so it shouldnt be an issue. XP-G. 56 bucks.
http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_43&products_id=327

The Fenix LD10 is a good one too for 56 bucks. XP-G, 6 output levels, no strobe n stuff.
http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_18&products_id=909

Or, for a lot cheaper you could go with an itp A2 which isn't going to be as bright, but its 20 bucks. Twisty with 3 brightness levels. XP-E emitter though.

I gotta say: that jetbeam looks like it would work nicely too.

Last edited:

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

Last time I checked all Fenix LD have strobe and sos... The Quark MiNi looks nice. I already have the regular Quark. The supplied clear rubber o-rings is not very good. Is it possible to change them?

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
well they're a bit under your price point but the ITP A2 EOS and Maratec AA are both 3 mode with no blinkies I believe.

Quark mini AA is awesome, and the blinkies are hidden well enough to not be a problem imho. And you get to choose (until they sell out) between cool neutral and warm emitters. No idea about the o-rings.

The above are all twisty lights.

Zebrailght SC51 (also available in warm I think) looks pretty awesome. I had a LRI Proton Pro which is sorta similar but I'd prefer the modes of the zebra I think.

I haven't seen a jetbeam yet but that BK135 looks amazing. For a cheaper AA light with a similar interface (3 modes, programmable to whatever brightness/blinky) you could look at the Akoray K-106. It' definitely a budget light with a following, but I think it's only available on the slow boat from KD.

I've got a 3-mode solarforce L2R, 2xAA that I like quite a bit.

I'm still new - I know I'd love to see what you select, and if you like it when it shows up.

red02

Enlightened
Javelin XPG is 58 after discount. 3 high-med-low, no disco modes.

Lucciola

Enlightened
I am amazed nobody recommended the Nitecore D10 SP so far. It's got blinky modes, but well hidden. I use mine every day/night but so far I never accidentally activated SOS or Strobe.

To me this is the perfect EDC. I wrote a few lines on it here.

Lucciola

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

Last time I checked all Fenix LD have strobe and sos... The Quark MiNi looks nice. I already have the regular Quark. The supplied clear rubber o-rings is not very good. Is it possible to change them?
it has been quite a while I typed somethin pro Fenix, but ...

... You rule the LD out, because of the strobe/SOS?
even when it is not as "difficult" to get into these modes - as it is with the Quarks - You NEVER have to enter them.
:rolleyes:
... at least, when I still used my Fenixes, I never got into these modes, the same as now with the Quark mini.

if the possibility of strobe/SOS is the single reason You drop the LD, You are wrong on the UI.