Calling all TK-45 Owners

Fenixtk

Newly Enlightened
New member here!
I have recently acquired a Fenix TK-45. I purchased it because I loved my TK-40, and wanted a second powerful AA torch.

Anyway, I have had it for a few months but haven't used it much. Lately I have noticed the on/off switch could be faulty. I find it needs to be pressed excessively hard to be turned on. This could be a feature, but I'm sure it was not like this before.

So what I'm asking of all the other TK-45 owners is to test their TK-45. Can you test TK-45 by seeing if you can make the on/off button 'click' without the light actually turning on. I can make my on/off button 'click' without the light turning on, but I CAN NOT make the level change button do the same thing. That's why I think this button may be faulty.

I also find the tactile feedback on each switch different, is this normal?

Thank you!

adam83

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! :wave:

It sounds like your on/off switch has some issues. Both switches on my TK45 feel the same and reliably "click" with moderate pressure and a very positive feeling. I cannot find fault with either switch even when doing very fast double clicks to get into the disco modes or quickly changing levels. Seems like a repair is in order for your flashlight.

Watts Up!

Newly Enlightened
Mine works good so far a nice solid click and the light turns off, click and it turns on. No problems here. You might have a faulty button might want to take it apart and check it out if you can get to it?

Fenixtk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies! You have confirmed my suspicions - it must be faulty! The dealer I bought it off was more than happy to check it out for me, so I'll send it off to him. Thanks once again!

hotel

Newly Enlightened
mine work fine also, both switch are ok. Think you have a problem product

PSEUDOSENTIENT

Newly Enlightened
On mine, if I push the on/off switch from the extreme left side of the switch, I can click it with no effect. This takes a bit of effort to accomplish but technically, yes, to answer your question, I can click with no state change.

I suppose there is something in there to make the tactile click feeling, and some contacts at the bottom that may or may not be made depending on the press or the quality of the switch.

Both of my switches have a consistant feel and very reasonable resistance to pressing that match each other. I dont have any issues unless I try deliberately to push the power switch from the left side.

IMO if your switches feel or act differently from each other, you have an issue. For the price of these things it should be spot on... good luck with a replacement if you go that route.

GL

richpalm

Banned
I'd be looking to fix the switch if it could be accessed. They are probably snap dome switches and if they are, the snap dome and the contact get oxidized.

Rich

Marbouk

Newly Enlightened
I've just sent back my new TK45 today for the same problem but with the left button. I could push it enough to make it click but nothing happened unlike the the other button which always worked.

I will post back here when the replacement comes.
Fingers crossed I get a good one this time.

Marbouk

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies! You have confirmed my suspicions - it must be faulty! The dealer I bought it off was more than happy to check it out for me, so I'll send it off to him. Thanks once again!

Got mine back today, button now works perfectly :thumbsup: