What to do with my 4D maglite?

xdriver

Newly Enlightened
I have searched around and see there are may things to do to these lights. I was thinking of using 4 rechargebale D batteries and doing a p7 mod (I think this can be done) but am open to any and all suggestions that can be done for under/around $100.

I am not versed enough to know the best way to go about it nor what these mods cost, so to those experienced in this, I really appreciate the help / guidance.

This light will be kept in the house and will be the primary outdoor light for getting wood, hearing thumps, searching for the dog when it gets loose in the night etc.

Thanks guys and girls.

smokeychris

Newly Enlightened
Hi, a single p7 mod is for your mag a great option and not realy hard to do. I finished my tripple p7 a few months ago and it works great only problem is that i did spent more than 100$. good luck with your project!:thumbsup:

xdriver

Newly Enlightened
Thanks smokeychris. Would you mind sharing how much more it cost to do a triple p7? What is the cost breakdown for something like that? Also, what is the power source?

Do you know how the triple p7 compares to the terralux drop in?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nasty

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Fusion...I use my old Maglights the same way you do and for $25 each, am up to 3 of the Fusions.

Really tough to beat dollar for dollar.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the low-power NiteIze LED upgrade. It's no brighter than the original bulb, but I get 160+ hours of runtime on it (never actually tested it...number based on claims made by someone else).

It's not impressive, but I can give it to a neighbor during an emergency and know that they'll have a week's worth of light before I need to worry about them again. In order to protect against leaks, I store the light with Duraloops in AA->D adapters and just keep a pack of D's next to it.

--flatline

xdriver

Newly Enlightened
I guess ill just get the Fusion and make my life easy for now. Thanks guys.

What does it cost to make one of those triple p7 lights?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess ill just get the Fusion and make my life easy for now. Thanks guys.

What does it cost to make one of those triple p7 lights?
about $120 without batteries and charger