Surefire SC spares carrier

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone else had their 123's get dented on the side from the side of the reflector when carried in a Surefire SC?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes; that is why I switched to the 1000-series Otter box.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
stingray,

You might have an older style SC. The newer ones (released this summer) are, in jeans terms, a relaxed fit.

I have both styles and the old SCs did dent the batteries especially when using the larger diamter SF123 batteries.

If you can't afford to upgrade, peel off the label from the LA and use a Sharpie to ID it. You shouldn't have any more problems but the newer SCs are nice.

I know the new SC1 is out and I think the new SC2 should be or is now available.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
stingerman,

The unfortunate word is that they won't. The reason is that when the orgininal SC1 came out, it worked well with exising 123 batteries e.g., there were no design or manufacuturing defects and the product functioned just like it should.

With the advent of Ultra and SF batteries, the problems began because the batteries were slightly larger in diameter. Accordingly, SF redesigned their product.

I wish they would replace them as I have several that are going to go in the recycling bin shortly.

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by Jeff:
stingerman,

I wish they would replace them as I have several that are going to go in the recycling bin shortly.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">While I don't need any SC's, I'm sure someone would be happy to get one of the 'old' style ones at a deep discount (say, for shipping costs...) Beats just throwing them away.
icon3.gif
icon14.gif

I have the 'old' style SC's, and they work fine with the single cells, which I extract from 223 batts.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I need a viable "MN" Lamp storage and transport system. The best way is using the SC2. However, the evolved versions of these are not yet released.

This is a shame because I need quite a few (perhaps 10)

I transport spare MN lamps and spare batteries in spare flashlights - however, this gets heavy sometimes.

Al

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using mine with the batteries that came with my Surefire hurricane light, Duracell Ultra's. I would think that a Surefire spares holder should be expected to work with batteries distributed by Surefire....sheesh. I bought them at the same time too.

Does the dent hurt the battery at all?

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Jeff:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Jeff
I got a boatload of 223 batteries to split. According to Gandolfs post, the resulting 123's will work o.k. with the old spare carriers.
I'll take em off your hands if your'e going to toss em.
Pete

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Peter,

I have 3 SC1s that are in near new condition. They simply have stored batteries and haven't seen any rough and tumble times. Any newer and they'd be NIB. Lanyards will be included if you'd like.

I have no idea what it costs to ship the things. Does $5 sound fair to you? If so, PM me with your address.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
Jeff
$5. is fair enough, but I don't see an icon for a PM on your post. Please PM me w/an email add. & we'll go from there.
Pete