Coming Soon, ( or whenever ) - the new Plasma Beam

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
He asked specifically for people to – " Hold back the inquiries for a while. Thanks, Steve ( Law-17 ) "

I've been e-mailing Steve, at S.K. Industries ( Law-17 ), about a possible laser project. During the exchanges, Steve has agreed to allow me to quote him, pre-announcing –

" Still some time to go on the new version of the Plasma Beam - watch the site! "

Also, he mentioned -

"… a blue or green laser. Prices are between $500 and $1000 … The technology is still new. Otherwise … should work fine ..."

http://www.law-17.com/plasma-index.html

No more info available, and I doubt that he would happily entertain any further requests.

Am I right that this is in fact the most powerful portable light available ?

Lite-lover
cool.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
shocked.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a thread about these sometime back...from what I saw they were very bright...made a Surefire 12 pm look like a sad mini mag...but their price...well not something I could ever afford and if I could I would rather buy a new car (well, maybe not quite that much). Have you tried typing in plasma beam into your search engine? Better hold on to your hat if I remember right.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If I put away a bit of cash now, by the time the new PlasmaBeam is ready, the interest would be able to buy it!
wink.gif

Thanks for the update.

I check that site every once in a while to see if there's any progress...

Al

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw, shucks, I thought I had a world exclusive.
blush.gif

But, cost aside, just the idea of 7,000,000 candlepower in a 1 degree wide beam makes me over-excited.
cool.gif

Found the thread you mentioned KenB – thanks.
rolleyes.gif

And Al, your politeness exceeds even your world-weariness.
smile.gif

When you finish that thesis, post it on the net – I'd actually like to read it. Interesting title.

Sincerely

Lite-lover
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I went back to find the thread on these lights (to drag it out of the past) but could not find it. Am I loosing what little mind I have? Where did you find it Lite Lover?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:
[QB]Am I loosing what little mind I have? QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KenB, found it under Topic: SureFire Dominator 10x Specs http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000136

And I'm glad you said that,
smile.gif
because I'm always forgetting references. I've noticed that quite a lot of the topics contain messages from one to another saying that something has already been covered elsewhere.
I think this is an information rich environment. It's so easy to forget one thing in the news of something else.

Well, that's my excuse. Maybe I'm just getting old.

lite-lover
frown.gif
wink.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, light lover, I had fogot how cool they were...still I`ll never have one...
tongue.gif