Extended Strobe use and colored film/plastic

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are setting all 4 of our strobe capable lights on our porch for halloween. Do not want to send kids or parents into a seizure, so we are prob gonna have one on strobe, the other three on SOS. Dunno, will see which looks best. Which colors look the best? Can pretty much get any color of film, but kinda leaning towards purple/blue and red. Just planning on putting a piece over the front to make its a bit more of a mood maker for the evening.

Will have other LED's in the pumpkins too.

Will this potentially cause harm to people with that much strobe?

Will extended strobe harm the lights?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm no doctor, so I can't comment on strobe effects on humans, however extended strobe us on the lights should be fine, much safer than constant on for long time use as far as LED lights go. As for colors, I'd go for Halloween colors, purple, lime green and orange.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extended strobing won't harm led's in fact pwm modulation is just a really fast strobe. As long as the peak current doesn't destroy the led, which if it's a working light doesn't happen, and the light doesn't overheat in strobe mode you're safe. If after 10-15 minutes of leaving the light on the flashlight gets hot then you may risk burning the led up.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might not want to set the lights on the porch unless you're planning on buying more lights...

The flashlight strobe speed might be a little too fast and could cause headaches, I think SOS or beacon would probably be better.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, they will be secured to the ceiling of our porch or the posts with 100mph tape for halloween, Just left them out there flashing to see which looked the best and won't flash right into people's eyes. Trying to make it so just a sort of bounce effect is done. All of them set to SOS at different intervals was the least bothersome.