Surefire + Malkoff Questions

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've about given up trying to find a pre-made single 123 light with a forward clicky. I mean a quality light. Looks like I'm going to have to start "Frankensteining".

Will an E1E or E1L body accept an RCR?

What I'm wanting to do is get a Valiant E series head with an M61 or M30 (if I can find one) and the E1E or E1L body. Is this do able?

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
I've about given up trying to find a pre-made single 123 light with a forward clicky. I mean a quality light. Looks like I'm going to have to start "Frankensteining".

Will an E1E or E1L body accept an RCR?

What I'm wanting to do is get a Valiant E series head with an M61 or M30 (if I can find one) and the E1E or E1L body. Is this do able?

Sorry, are you asking for if there are any host with forward clicky switch for the Malkoff drop ins ? Does it have to be a SF host ?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't have to be a Surefire, but I trust Surefire parts. I want something small. Less than 4" long and no bigger than about 1" diameter.

The factory Surefire lights don't quite have what I want. Either they won't run on a single RCR or they're only about 100 lumens. I want a single stage, 200 lumen, forward clicky that I can trust.

carrot

Flashaholic
Yes, you can use an RCR in an E1E or E1L or E1B body. (My personal favorite is the E1B body.)

They will work with the VME head and an M60 or M61 just fine. You may wish to get an M30, or if you wish to go primaries only, the M31 (no Li-ions in the M31, you will fry it!).

Some E-compatible, non-Surefire bodies should work as well. However, the VME is only designed for use with Surefire-made E-series bodies and the other Valiant Concepts E-compatible bodies. So you may find some combinations (such as the Fivemega E-compatible 1x123 body) will not work properly with the VME.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

This raises another question. Will the KXC2 head run on a single 123 and fit on the five-mega body?

motohooligan

Newly Enlightened
I have two surefire Z2 lights with Malkoff drop-ins. I love that combo. I would not hesitate to put a SureFire with a Malkoff.

I *think* you would be ok with one RCR123 and a Malkoff drop in. The Malkoff drop-ins require 3.4 volts to run in regulated mode. Below that they will run in direct drive.

Hope that helps.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had several Malkoff dropins. I've never used one for the VME head though. I guess they're smaller than the M series dropins?

I would probably have to go with a low output M61 or find someone willing to let go of their M30.

carrot

Flashaholic
The Malkoff drop-ins designed for the C-series bodies (P60-compatible, 6P, G2, C2, M2, Z2, etc) are the same ones that will fit in the VME head. So an M61 or M30, etc, will fit just fine, without modification.