Reflector for SST-50 p60 format?

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
Hello, where do I find the best 26.5mm p60 reflector for the SST-50 emitter?

I ordered the P7 empty pill + reflector from KD but wanna know if there is something better out there. Will the P60 XR-E reflector work better?

circa

Newly Enlightened
Dx has a p60 sst 50, and it comes with a smo and op reflector. I don't know anything about it's quality though.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
Thanks but I am just looking for the reflector alone without the emitter.

daimleramg

Banned
The P7 reflector would be too big of an hole for the SST-50, if you order the reflector for the Cree XR-E then that would be a perfect fit.

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
The P7 reflector would be too big of an hole for the SST-50, if you order the reflector for the Cree XR-E then that would be a perfect fit.

Actually my concern is about the beam. Any idea about the beam? I was thinking the P7 multi-die reflector should work okay for the SST-50 but not sure if an XR-E reflector would work better than a reflector designed for the P7.

daimleramg

Banned
Actually my concern is about the beam. Any idea about the beam? I was thinking the P7 multi-die reflector should work okay for the SST-50 but not sure if an XR-E reflector would work better than a reflector designed for the P7.

I have a direct drive SST-50 single mode drop-in from nailbender and the beam is pretty nice. The hotspot is a bit on the larger side with a creamy corona. He used a XR-E reflector for his SST-50's and I'm pretty sure if the P7 module was better be would be using those instead.