Next LED light for EDC, LS vs. Inova X5T

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I saw a post where members asked about the size of the ARC LS and I thought what a great triple threat set of flashlights.
The Arc LS and AAA and the Surefire G2. It's all one would need for an outdoorsman.
I can buy a LED this week for the upcoming hunting season. What are the opinions on the ARC LS vs. the Inova X5T?
I can't afford the ARC but can buy the second's. Countycomm has a good price for the Inova.
That's my quandry.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the arc is smaller and will throw further than the inova. it's also a lot brighter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
much better for hunting purposes i would think.

Drjones

Enlightened
Take it from someone who almost has both: (Waiting anxiously for my LS to arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Get the Arc.

The Inova is a cool light and I do like it, but I'm getting the Arc because the X5 just isn't bright enough.

Arc all the way...

Though I'd recommend you just get a "first" LSL for $65. It is not that much more ($15) and is worth it for the warranty and to know for sure what you are getting.

jtice

Flashaholic
I have both these lights.

If you want brightness,,, get the Arc LS.
The Inova has more runtime, but uses 2x123 bats, not 1.
Plus the Arc has the option of the 2AA batt pack.

The Inova is a soft, even flood of light, the Arc is brighter,, the LSL is a flood of light, the LSH has more throw, and a hotspot. But still have good spill light.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
why bother with tiny output of leds?
Get your self an ARC LS. That is all you need, for this month, anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kz1000s1

Enlightened
The Inova could be more rugged and is a good light, however the Arc far outperforms it, is easier to carry (with 1x123), and cheaper to run (with 2xAA pack, works well with rechargables).

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, the 2 lights have different design intents. They are both good. No matter which one you get, use a wrist lanyard (can't do that with the with the TSP-2AA) for walking aorund in woods and such.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
BlindTiger
Get the ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I have both & IMHO you will be much happier with the ARC.
I have had great luck with the seconds and I recommend them.
The ARC is brighter & whiter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif