TK 30/40? Mag upgrade?

Z

z_Soundz

Hey all, first off Im new to CPF! I just recently gor into all this flashlight stuff and I must say it has taken me over lol. Here is a little back ground for ya. What sparked all this was I bought a flight for work, a cheap dorcy, and while i was working a co worker pulled out the LED maglite. I was so impressed I said to him, I have to have one, so I bought the mag and mini mag combo. That purchase has opened up a whole new world on what to think about flashlights. It seems like I have learned so much in the last week that I need a little help and advise so I thought I would post here since this is where I have been reading alot of forums.

First off, I bought a Surefire G2X Pro today for $15, I have a $50 gift card to REI so total it was $65. Good light, 200lm on 2 123's for 2.5H run time. Is this good? Not a bad light, not sure what to think yet. I read a thread stating that someone put a 17670 in it and it worked, then someone said they couldnt in theirs, so I got alittle confused. It takes 2 123's so can you put a 17670 or no, or is it jsut bad to swap batteries?...and will RCR123 be just as bright if i get rechargables?

Secondly im thinking about making another purchase for a flashlight. I have been looking at so many im trying to get my ducks straight. I have a mag 3D LED. Do I get the madcharger/terralux 300 upgrade for $120, or the TLE-6EXB cheaper upgrade or should i just buy a new light altogether. If so there are a few options i was thinking of...but if there are better ones, plz tell me

Fenix TK-30 CR123's or 18650 (i like the look of this one)

Fenix TK-40 AA's (AA's are common so thats good I guess?)

ITP A6- This is a cheaper light, but do you get what you pay for?

Thrunite Cata V2- this is the most expensive one i was considering but the advertised 1000lm caught my eye.

Thirdly, I was also looking for a light to strap to my hard hat for work that was some what bright and had some run time to it and i came across the Terralux Lightstar1, it comes with a hard hat strap! If you know of anything better let me know plz..http://www.batteryjunction.com/tlf-1n1aaa-.html

I feel like I have a million questions to ask about everything, even customizing and building a flashlight, lol but im going to take baby steps for now. thanks for reading!

Chris