Quark Mini 123 Issues

Lagavulin16

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

Ive read many posts on this forum with glowing reviews of the Quark series of flashlights, so i decided to buy a Quark Mini 123. Ive used it a few times since ive bought it (about 2 weeks ago) and ive had no issues. After reading up on the different LED tints tonight i decided to do a comparison with my Quark vs. my other lights (i plan on posting more about them.....since you members subliminally coerced me into buying them). I placed all of the lights on Med and was comparing the beams when i fired up the Q123 and i immediately noticed an audible squeal, which is the best i can describe it. It is reliably reproducible and sometimes happens when i hold the light up to my ear and enter Low as well. It is very quiet but can be heard faintly when holding the light at waist level in a quiet room. Another issue ive noticed tonight is the CR123 is starting to rattle in the body of the light. Im not sure how to rectify the issue with the high pitch noise comming from the light, but i imagine that i can somewhat correct the battery rattle by stretching the battery spring. Has anyone else experienced this noise from any of their lights (Quarks or others)? Also, should i stretch the battery spring to rectify the rattle?

Thanks in advance.