Any briefcase mods for holding a torch?

Viper

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to the CPF, I now carry a torch pretty much everyday in my (softside) briefcase.

The problem with my briefcase carry is there is no nice defined pocket for a SF or Scorpion, so my light rolls around in the bottom underneath my stuff.

Has anyone found a briefcase that has a special pocket for holding a SF6P or similar light? Or has anyone modified their briefcase in a way to have a torch handy? I'd like to see some photos or hear ideas.

Thanks

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Does your briefcase have a key clip or some type of loop inside? If so you might rig up a short idiot cord for the light. I do this with my CMG task light and my backpack. In this setup I can locate the light by tracing the inside zipper seam of the pack until I locate the key clip and cord.

Chris

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Adventure 16, an outdoor equipment chain where I first encountered Princeton Tec in the 1980's, sells (sold?) various sized flat goretex zipper envelopes with 3 separate zipper pockets. Each pocket is open down to the bottom of the envelope. I have 2 of these envelopes that measure 6" tall and 7" wide.

Both of these envelopes ride in my briefcase carrying various SF's, ARC LS, X5, Scorpion and Brinkmann or Mag 2AA's with Bad Boys, and my Lambda Safety Iluminator. Other lights may be in the briefcase's own zipper compartment and adjustable pen holder loops.

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I have been thinking about providing a carrying box for all of my torch collection so I can go to torchahlic functions or any other place where people will find torches interesting! Whatever K have would have to be carryable on a motorbike, as that is my prime mode of transport at the moment.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viper:
My briefcase (hardside)is filled with assorted pouches, plastic boxes etc. which I use to subdivide the case. Torches and spare batteries just get stored in whichever case has about the correct shaped space.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican cases have pick and pluck foam you can cusomise. Here is a pic of Jtivat's with some lights in it.

As far as the soft briefcase, what about a holster clipped to a pocket inside the case?

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Viper,

Is there any way you can attach a Velcro [loop] strap to the side of the main compartment? If there is, then you could attach a self-adhesive hook pad to keep your light tucked into the corner of the compartment.
smile.gif
cool.gif
smile.gif

Dan