Jetbeam - Nitecore - Sunwayman the same brand?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a picture someone posted of a booth at a trade show that housed both Jetbeam and Nitecore with the booth's name seeming to be the name of the parent company. A recent picture introducing a Ti Jetbeam TC2 also showed a Ti Sunway M10R. And the Sunway V10R with infinite variable magnetic ring is released at the same time the Jetbeam TC2 with infinite variable magnetic ring is released. All this combined with the fact that many of the designs between these 3 brands look very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 brands have the same parent company...like GM, Ford, etc. to capture more overall marketshare.

Just wondering if anyone in the know could/would confirm this?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a picture someone posted of a booth at a trade show that housed both Jetbeam and Nitecore with the booth's name seeming to be the name of the parent company. A recent picture introducing a Ti Jetbeam TC2 also showed a Ti Sunway M10R. And the Sunway V10R with infinite variable magnetic ring is released at the same time the Jetbeam TC2 with infinite variable magnetic ring is released. All this combined with the fact that many of the designs between these 3 brands look very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 brands have the same parent company...like GM, Ford, etc. to capture more overall marketshare.

Just wondering if anyone in the know could/would confirm this?

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore and Jetbeam are indeed the same company. Both belong to Sysmax IND, which you can actually find out by looking at Jetbeam's website:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could it have been a dealer like BatteryJunction or Lightjunction that sells all three? What was the company name?
I don't think those three are the same because of the overlap in product types, it'd be uncost effective to make three different lights of the same style in a mother company.

Look at the example of chevy,GMC,Pontiac,cadilac all one company and so much overlap they went into debt.
I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time ;)

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
Doing some searches about it and there doesn't seem to be any indication that Sunwayman is the same. However, it could be that Sysmax is making the lights OEM for them under contract or at least licensing the technology. The Sunwayman website doesn't help much, but there is no mention of sysmax anywhere and sysmax is prominently mentioned on the other two sites. Addresses are completely different as well. There is a news article that sunwayman specifically received a technology patent for something they developed.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
Whilst searching for some information on another topic, I read somewhere that Jetbeam and Nitecore, either, have merged or are merging.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whilst searching for some information on another topic, I read somewhere that Jetbeam and Nitecore, either, have merged or are merging.

As SirJohn has already posted they are the same company now. But they are not linked to Sunwayman.
On a different note latest news's at Jetbeam is the Jet III M is coming out with a XM-L LED in about 2 weeks replacing the R5 and the RRT-3 will be coming out in a kit form with 3x 18650 and charger all in a nice plastic case. And as I have already posted the new PC25 is out in a matter of days.

Cheers

Last edited:

Bass

Enlightened
8.jpg

It's a good bet that a member of the SYSMAX family manufacture Sunwayman lights. Didn't Edgetac manufacture Nightcore, RaidFire and Darktort?

purelite

Enlightened
OOOH. I like the IIIM

In XML I may have to get one. I hope they go back to the SS bezel and tailcap ring though . And a smooth reflector maybe? A very nice host though either way especially if there is a wide voltage range

SbFlashLightGuy

Newly Enlightened
As SirJohn has already posted they are the same company now. But they are not linked to Sunwayman.
On a different note latest news's at Jetbeam is the Jet III M is coming out with a XM-L LED in about 2 weeks replacing the R5 and the RRT-3 will be coming out in a kit form with 3x 18650 and charger all in a nice plastic case. And as I have already posted the new PC25 is out in a matter of days.

Cheers

Where did you hear or see the III M xm-l coming out in two weeks?? I want one. Do you know anything about pc25 xm-l??