Flashlight list - what can this newbie do with em?

Colonel

Newly Enlightened
Hi again,

This place has me so overwhelmed.. I feel like an American on an alien planet.. all of yous guy's terms and definitions..

anyway..

What beginner mods can I do with these flashlights to improve them? I've done a few searches, but I don't understand anything. :p

- Mag Solitaire AAA
- 2AA Mini Mag-Lite
- 2D Mag-Lite

gee, do I like Mag-Lites?

I have some other ones.. but I don't know what they are.. so I'd have to post pics.

Well thank you for your time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, there is currently nothing available to readily improve your solitaire, but in a little while there will be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
in the meantime, i suggest you get arc aaa, as it's smaller, brighter, better in every way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (you'll need one anyway... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

dat2zip pills are my favorite dropins for 2aa minimags. go to sandwhich shop to get one of these pills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
if you are looking for brightness, get the mm+ q3 for ultimate brightness.
if you're looking for runtime, an opelec newbeam wouls probably be more appropriate, but not nearly as bright.

if you're willing to make a mod yourself, a mag 2d is one of the best platforms for it! go back to the sandwhich shop, buy a 5w luxeon, some arctic alumina, and get a heatsink from somewhere, and you're ready to begin modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
you can then power it with 3-123 batteries, or use 6aas

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
FIVE THOUSAND MEMBER BARRIER BROKEN!!!

Congratulations and welcome aboard, #5002! You a fellow LEO? What Roth said is right on, except if you want to go with 123s only, I'd simply use a Mag 2C for the smaller diameter and weight factor.

Colonel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys,

not LEO... I'm on Emergency Management /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few simple mods you can do yourself with Maglites when you feel the need. It may be easier to just buy some, but you don't learn as much doing that. I'm currently working on some trials of converting AAA and AA Mags to LED just for the experience and fun. Let me know if you would like any details.

-Mike

Zigzago

Enlightened
Re: Flashlight list - what can this newbie do with

The Opalec NewBeam is another nice drop-in mod for the minimag.

If you want to do-it-yourself, FlashlightReviews.com has a mod section with examples for many lights including the Solitaire.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
Re: Flashlight list - what can this newbie do with

As a beginner, drop-ins are great. You'll learn more with DIY stuff, but (If you're like me) it'll cost more due to the occasional manifestation of Murphy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you're willing to risk it, ElektroLumens has some good parts.