Need help with a nitecore smart pd 20

Z

z_jesuvuah

First off folks, I am a newb here, but I do ocassionally lurk when seeking out flashlight info.

Here is my issue. A little under a year ago, my wife got me a Nitecore pd 20 AA flashlight for my birthday. Everything was grand. THen I started having issues. Basically about the only function that worked properly all the time was the continuous on by turning the cap. All the various output functions with the tailcap were inop.

I was originally going to have warranty repair done, but the price to ship it to China turned me off. So after a while and some frustration I dissasebled the light and found that the piston was loose(not threaded all the way in) so I tightened it. This did not help at all. I then adjusted the piston but loosening it untill I could get all the fuctions and the used a little blue loctite to hold it there. It still is not perfect though. It will now only do the piston functions if the cap is twisted to the exact right spot.

Does anyone have any Ideas. If I can not figure this out I may just have to sell it to someone who is more of a flashlight guru then I for cheap.

That being said, I have since purchased a streamlight pt2aa that I pretty happy with that can hold me over.