3115 Lumen "Thread-On" for 6P and FM26XXX hosts.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Having pushed the Drop-in to it limits for the time being, the never ending quest for more light continues with the Thread-On

Single cell operation, 9.8A draw, 1.4A regulated per LED. (Single LED regulation very important in parallel configurations)

Same high quality construction materials as my Quads. Silver plated beryllium copper springs with gold plated contacts, Mil-Spec teflon coated silver plated oxygen free wire, ect.. I'll do a full spec platter later on.

Parts are now on the way to build some more of these. Single mode at the moment, but I have plans for multi-mode as well.

38fc8bb6.jpg

ae5a5bee.jpg

4e21d450.jpg

a2d646ae.jpg

And a beam shot compared to a Khatod 5.6A Quad.

fb188725.jpg

c4eabc46.jpg

warmurf

Enlightened
Re: 3115 Lumen "Thread-On" for 6P and FM26XXX hosts.

Dying for an update.....I take it the FETtie switch for the FM 26650 host is a bit of a hold-up.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened

Good news. The FETtie will work in the new FM host. It actually works with no adapter at all, but be careful if you try this, as the clicking mechanism of the FETtie is compressed by the washer as you thread down. Overtightening will easily ruin your FETtie. I will investigate today, but I believe, and hope, that simply a larger washer than the one included by FM will solve the problem by letting the FETtie thread down and rest on it's brass rim, rather than the clicking mechanism. More info to come.

I don't suppose anybody saved a copy of the Septa interest list? I am working on them right now. Ever the optimist I always think I will be able to get things done faster than I actually do, but the first couple Septas are pretty much complete now, soon to be followed by the rest.

stoli67

Enlightened

This is great news Jesse... I ordered a couple of spare old style FM tails just in case!

warmurf

Enlightened

Sorry, didn't save the thread, so I guess we'll need to reinstate our interest? I'm in for a 3 mode version, and would of course like a FETtie. Cashed up and ready to RnR.....

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still interested in a (3) mode and FETtie also.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened

I'll do a little photo instructable on this in a bit.

For now all those wanting to put their FETtie in their new FM tailcap, it's really easy!

Head down to your local hardware store and grab three M10 or 3/8" flat washers.

Unscrew the McClicky with adapter, (no I didn't have to boil mine, though it was tight), remove the included washer. Drop the 3 washers you just bought down, and thread in your FETtie.

The knub in the rubber boot on mine was slightly cut away, so it felt kind of weird when I went to use it again, like I had to press it in pretty far. I just dropped a new boot in, one where the rubber knub has been left unmolested, and it was back to good again.

warmurf

Enlightened

I know you hate to give time lines and for good reason, but can we ask how far away approx these are? A week? 2 weeks? Month? You won't be held to it as there are too many variables but at a broad timeline would make us feel somewhat better.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened

Price will be up when they are for sale. Mentioning a price seems to turn the thread from information into sales.

I had planned to have the septas available by now. I've been a little delayed because I've had some unexpected kinks to work out in the multi-mode version, which I'm still doing now. I may put a couple single mode septas up for sale while I'm figuring it out.

brandocommando

Enlightened

Thanks for making these, you really are taking it to the next level.:thumbsup:
Good to hear they are currently in production phase, and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I already have a 26650 host on the way that was going to be for a Quad but now I don't know.

Last edited:

warmurf

Enlightened

Hi,

How are things coming along? Having any success working out the kinks for the multi mode?

warmurf

Enlightened

You seem to be back on line now. Any updates? How is it going? Also, there was a thread regarding a trial for Solarforce FETties- did that go ahead? Are they any different to the standard FETTie? I'd love a couple of those......

stoli67

Enlightened

Jesse always seems to get quiet when things are close.... The silence is good... Get your pay pal ready!

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks amazing!