Sunwayman M40C Questions

vandrecken

Newly Enlightened
Very interested in this light at the moment but since I won't have the opportunity to try before I buy, I have a couple of questions for anyone who has handled the light ...

1. Although one of my reasons for buying would be the colored LED's set around the edge of the reflector, I strongly dislike the way the current shipping units show up blue and red when they're not in use.

Sunway076.jpg
(photo borrowed from Selfbuilt's truly excellent review here on CPF)

From an aesthetic point of view this styling is so crass that I wouldn't buy the light ! On the other hand, the version pictured on Sunway's own site with a ring of clear LED's that only show the color when they're powered on looks quite acceptable to me.

20100517031224324.jpg

So here's the question. From the photo's it looks as if Sunwayman are actually using clear body LED's but appear to have some sort of colored plastic covers pressed over the LED's behind the front glass. Is this right and if i'm happy to void the warranty, do you think that these plastic covers could be popped off to make the light look like Sunwayman's own photo ?

2. I prefer warm or at least clean white light from the main beam, not blueish, greenish or purple tints typical of the old LED technology. Can you comment on the tint of your light and whether you think binning is consistent between sunwayman lights of the same model ?

Many thanks for any advice.

Vandrecken