Solarforce L2X reverse clicky modification

Z

z_Richwouldnt

The Solarforce L2x comes only with a reverse clicky switch with external machining that matches the rest of the light. Solarforce forward clicky replacement switches do not match the rest of the L2X as far as appearance is concerned.:shakehead

Upon disassembling the L2X switch and a Solarforce L2-S6 forward clicky switch I found that by swapping actual switch assemblies and some other spacer parts as well as trimming inside the L2X rubber switch cover I was able to assemble a forward clicky in the original L2x switch housing that works great and matches the rest of the light.:)

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a well known fact..make a search for "forward click switch solarforce" and you will find thsi thing happening with all models of the l2 family + pics

sv1cec

Newly Enlightened
Guys, I have just bought an Solarforce L2 light some days ago, and just now I discovered the L2T, which looks much more my kind of light (I am used to the old Surefire 6Z). So a couple of days ago, I ordered some more parts, directly from SolarForce and I have a question, for which Google didn't provide any answers.

What is a Forward click switch and what is a reverse click one?

I would definitely appreciate any clarifications with this.