MM with Infinity

Trent

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried to match a MadMax with an infinity. Looks like removeing the electronics and a little fileing and drilling you could make a very bright flood by polishing the reflector and using no lens.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think anyone has tried that yet.
I think it would get fairly hot, especially with a MadMax+, but it could be for intermittent use.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've thought about it, but it wasn't my infinatey...so i really had to slap my hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

i think there are probably better hosts to use though...

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trent,

The problem is the lack of room in the head for the MadMax sandwich. The cavity below the circuit board lip measures 0.53" in diameter by 0.25" in depth. The floor of the cavity can be lowered another 0.10" but the diameter has to be reduced to 0.45" to keep from intruding into the o-ring groove. If you would drill through to the reflector area ( using a bit of sufficient size to clear the emitter lead frames), you would significantly compromise the surface area of the reflector. Not having the dimensions of a BB or a MM, I offer these dimensions only to caution and not to dissuade. Forum member nukiez has done a similar modification here . I hope this helps.

Dan