What have I done? or Just scored my first Bigboy light (Xenonics Nighthunter I)

firemedic281

Newly Enlightened
Greetings fellow beamlings. Been lurking here for a while, been playing with some cool gear I've bought after following a few threads in the LED forum. Well now, I've gone and done it.

My original intentions were to scour the web and find a Hellfighter/battery setup and make a sort of backpack style setup, but that didnt quite appeal to me after thinking about it. Looking around at the usual suspects, I came across this guy.

No photos yet, UPS should be here tomorrow, but I happened upon a very good, low hours Nighthunter I w/2 NOS batteries from Xenonics (purchased last month). Not going to disclose what I paid for it at the moment, because I'm curious what the consensus on this light is. Not much on this light for a few years, but I feel satisfied with the homework I've done and price I paid.

That said, what's the word on this light, any problems I'm going to run into, and any tips for proper usage to preserve the bulb life? I feel like this is only the beginning of another sickeningly addictive and costly hobby :wave::sssh:

firemedic281

Newly Enlightened
wow, lost my posts in this....

to update, im still working on finding some mil rechargables, and working on making my own "mil" battery from Brooke's Batteries cases and connectors. Got my BB-5590 battery adapter in today, so I'm half-way there.

I have one of these as well and I'm finding the lack of information on them disturbing. I'm having to become a bit of an expert on it myself. I talked to Xenonics and they sent over a manual (USMC). Something I'm not clear on is whether or not it should run from external power when there's no battery installed.

Have you made any progress on the battery pack?