PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE 2 SMALLER TORCHES (LUMAPOWER VS LUMINTOP)

• Thread starter z_DeepBlackZeppelin
  • Start date
Z

z_DeepBlackZeppelin

Hi everyone. I want to get a small XM-L torch and I am tossing up between these 2 particular ones:

1. LumaPower Signature LX Power Pack Edition (with 2 heads-1 for general flood and a larger turbo head for throw)

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumap...e-lx-st03.html

2. Lumintop TD-15X (XM-L T6)

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_...oducts_id=2304

They are both very similar with exactly the same claimed 580 lumen outputs. I did get before for my mum a Lumapower Trustmodel 2 torch which I was very impressed with. Very bright for something so small, (claimed 450 lumens) so I am a little more familiar with this particular brand.

There are a couple of notable differences between the two. The Lumapower torch has a much higher run time than the Lumintop, but you can buy 2 extension tubes for the latter and drop in a second 18650. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having a small torch. The Lumapower torch is a little bit smaller too and furthermore, you have the option of dropping in the larger (turbo) head for greater throw.

Both torches with the extras or without the extras cost almost exactly the same too. Because I really liked the Lumapower Trustmodel 2 and because it's a little smaller with much longer run time with the option of the turbo head, I am leaning towards it. Not only did the output impress me with the Lumapower Trustmodel 2, but the feather light weight too. It feels well made yet it weighs so little. You could so comfortably carry this around in a shirt or trouser pocket simply because it's as light as a feather. Well, not literally. I am figuring that the Lumapower Signature LX would be similar. The Lumintop looks like it's heavier, but of course I could be wrong.

If however I am missing something, I am all ears and open to suggestions.

Thank you.