got my CMG infinity ultra today

blacksmithtech

Newly Enlightened
I just got my CMG ultra today. Pretty neat little light, the battery rattle kinda bugged me. Took a small post-it note and wrapped it - all better! Cheap fix is good fix!
I have heard about lithiums for this light, question is what kind and are all lithiums rechargable? Any suggestions out there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lithium AA's are made by Energizer. L91 I believe. You can find them at Wal-mart K-mart and the like for $8-$14 for a 4 pack.

There have been threads about battery rattle and quick fixes (some include rubber washers and such.)

Using a lithium AA in this light (most common and the ones I use are Energizer E2 Photo lithiums) will make out put a bit brighter, more stable over a wide range of temperatures (usally lithiums do better in colder temperatures over alkalines.)

These batteries are not rechargable though. Unless you leave the CMG Ultra Infinity on, I don't see the battery being changed often.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
A normal alkaline runs so durn long, I get tired waiting for it to dim. I just changed the battery in my three out of sheer boredom.

Latest posts