Finger-Puzzle Concept Lanyard & Sonic-G W/Pic

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
finger-puzzle-t.jpg

The new CMG Sonic-G (Govt.) is a pretty cool looking light. Since I was playing with SS BeadChain and Gray Paracord again, I added the Sonic-G to the concept Finger-Puzzle termination style lanyard. The medium-large diameter BeadChain is trapped inside of the hollow braided paracord; just as your finger will get stuck in a straw finger puzzle. It holds remakably well. I removed all of the inner strands of fibers from the paracord. Then after inserting 3 of the beads inside of the paracord, a thermal weld was affected with a soldering iron to seal and bond the paracord to that third bead.

Design Features: The multiple short BeadChain sections which have been used to assemble this concept lanyard provide a safety link, flexability, durability, and a defined location for attaching snaps, clips and snap rings. The Beads also lend a metallic appearance to the lanyard-which I enjoy. I used clear Silicone tubing to link the BeadChain at the back of the neck. Three beads are inserted into from each side to make the symetrical joint. This safety link minimizes the risk of injury if the lanyard is tightened forcefully, as it will pull apart with moderate force. Lastly, a short section of light green colored model fuel line was used as an adjustable snubber. This snug fitting snubber can be positioned up or down the paracord to suit your needs.

Still perfecting these lanyards-comments/questions appreciated.

A-6

DaveT

Enlightened
Hi A-6 - very nice lanyards (this one and the ones in your other threads).
With the silicone tubing "breakaway" bit, are you using any kind of heat to snug the tubing to the beads, or is it just manual insertion?
Thanks
Dave

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DaveT said:
Hi A-6 - With the silicone tubing "breakaway" bit, are you using any kind of heat to snug the tubing to the beads, or is it just manual insertion?
Thanks
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave- The beads are a very snug, hand fit into the tubing without any heat. The tubing shown in the above image is very soft, thin-walled clear tubing. It conforms around the beads easily and grips them tightly. If you size the tubing to the bead so that it takes a pronounced effort to insert them, then that is just about the right fit. Otherwise, you won't get enough friction to hold the lanyard together during normal activities. Hope this helps.

Rich
A-6