Break the tie, please! - Pocket carry tactical

cicero

Newly Enlightened
Stuck in analysis paralysis and cannot decide. Asking for help from those more knowledgeable then I am.

1) AA : (Wife's EDC)
Nitecore Defender Infinity R2 vs. Fenix LD10

2) CR123 : (Me EDC)
4Sevens Quark Tactical 123A vs. Fenix PD20 vs.
Nitecore Extreme HA R2

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
I have no opinion on 1) but for 2) I suggest the PD20. I have had an R2 version forever and I also have a Quark Turbo which has the tactical UI and I personally like the instant access to any mode at any time as opposed to reprogramming to choose more than two modes. Also the Fenix comes with a deep carry pocket clip by default while you have to buy the deep carry version for the Quark separately.

Don't get me wrong I most definitely love my Quarks and carry the Turbo all the time but just out of your 3 options that is what I would choose.

Another option is a regular Quark 123 if you are after a moonlight mode.

Quark tactical does have a forward clickie where the Fenix and regular Quark is reverse clickie if that matters to you.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Nitecore over the Fenix. Better/easier output switching (after you program it). Solid design.
2) Not a big fan of the Extreme. Feel it's larger than it needs to be. I would go with the Quark.

sassaquin

Enlightened
If you go with the Nitecore Defender Infinity R2, Photogun listed 37 new ones today (3/24) that he/she is selling for $45 shipped on CPF Marketplace.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Have a serious look at the offerings from Zebralight. A great company with most, if not all the bases covered. If you can use an 18650 cell, the SC60 and the neutral-warm SC60W. would have to be the best EDC packages ever put together!

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
2) Quark has the low low and easy programming, it is in my pocket right now (123 XPG R5)... until I get my HDS Rotary.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
My normal EDC is a Quark 123*2 Tactical XP-G R5, and I love it. Most of the newer Quarks use S2 emitter, which is often a greenish tint. If you're gonna get a Quark, I would try to locate the R5 emitter.

For a tiny EDC keychain light, I carry a iTP EOS A3 'Upgrade' XP-G R5 with a 10440 battery and this little jewel cranks out 326 lumens, WOWZA!