Opinions on Lumitop L1C?

Kyle K

Newly Enlightened
There hasn't been much said about the Lumintop L1C that I can find. Since it's been out a while, does anyone have anything to share about it? I'm interested in the beam profile, construction quality and if there's any parasitic drain due to the mode memory function.

Thanks,

Kyle

CHAMO

Newly Enlightened
I have one and I am very happy with it, small, very bright and good quality... I only have a surefire lx2 lumamax to compare and both are great flashlights...

shortstack

Enlightened
Bright, definded spot, slight barley noticeable donut, beam size comparable to itp A1 SS. clip seems sturdy, mine seemed to have pwm at med and low modes sometimes that was noticeable. Used mine for 3 months then started acting up, used multiple times a day, and 5x a week. Great little light, would recommend.

njet212

Enlightened
I own both L1C and L1A, decided to sold L1C because it is too small for my hand. Mine are older UI version L-M-H-Strobe-SOS. The newer version has better UI L-M-H only no annoying disco mode ( store and SOS ).

• Both are great little light, easy to carry, very focus hot spot and very bright.
  • I don't find any parasitic drain evidence on my L1A, pop fresh battery AW14500 on it arround 1 month ago, today i tried my L1A and it is still works.
  • I found two way pocket clip is very strong, you can carry between bezel up or bezel down.
  • No Tail Stand, but you can buy tail standing accessories.
  • Knurling is just aesthetic IMO, does not provide grippines. But i don't know if they improved the knurling on newer version.

Below is the comparison between L1A using fresh AW 14500 VS Sunway M10R R5 using AW RCR123.

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L1C and think it's a great little light and a good alternative to a Surefire E1B. Mine has a nice white tint with a well defined hot spot and no donut, it throws very well for it's size and seems to be well regulated with good runtimes. I leave mine set on medium which I believe is around 70 lumens and it does everything I need it to and seems brighter than 70lms because of the throw, the tail switch feels a bit cheap but has not given me any trouble.

If you want it to tail stand you can buy the little tail shroud accessory and put it on yourself, anyway like I said if you don't want to spend the cash on a E1B or HDS it's a great alternative and btw it uses a traditional switch and does not have any type of parasitic drain.

Kyle K

Newly Enlightened
Great responses! The beam shots look great. I like small lights with good throw and the L1C looks like it would fit the bill.

Thanks to all!

Kyle

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great responses! The beam shots look great. I like small lights with good throw and the L1C looks like it would fit the bill.

Thanks to all!

Kyle

Yes get one if that is your type of light I think it's worth every penny of it's cost, when you get it please return and share your thoughts.

Deal4

Enlightened
I too would love to hear your thoughts if you do go ahead and get the light. I have been interested in the L1A and L2A for quite some time now. I like how they can be legoed.

Kyle K

Newly Enlightened
I got the L1C in the three mode (no strobe or SOS) version from Tactical HID. It came with the usual accessories: spare o-rings and switch cover, lanyard and holster. Quality seems very high; anodizing is flawless and the SS bezel and tailcap ring are nice touches. Knurling is well done, but I would prefer it to be more aggressive. I also got the tail-standing accessory, but I haven't figured out how to remove the SS tail ring yet. It's on tight and it's slippery!

This is a very bright light with a well defined, fairly tight hotspot and a useful amount of spill. I would say it has more throw than most lights of this size, and for a light with a smooth reflector there's not much to complain about regarding rings and artifacts, or odd tints. Just a barely noticable donut hole if you're white wall hunting, but not noticable at all in regular use.

I like the simple UI and limited modes of the version I have. The memory feature works as advertised, it always starts out in the last mode you were in when you shut it off. The push button seems OK; not Surefire, but more than adequate. The clip is really nice. It's held in place by screwing down the tailcap and has the perfect amount of tension. Plus it's a 2-way clip so you can clip the light to a ball cap. As far as size and how it fits in the hand, this light is short overall and the step down from the larger head diameter to the slimmer body makes it somewhat awkward to hold. It takes some getting used to, although I think the tail-standing ring will make it better (if I can only figure out how to get the original ring off). I can see why some may prefer the slightly longer AA body, and with 14500's or the new CR14505 3V lithium primaries, this might be the way to go. But this is more a personal preference; the well-regarded Surefire E1B is similarly shaped though slightly larger.

I think this light with a 18650 body would be great. It won't work with the existing head, but wouldn't that be a great option?

In short, I like it. It's a little bigger than other single CR123A lights I have, but I still carry it. Not every day, but it's part of my rotation.