Which 123 batteries?

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I am planning on ordering a bunch of CR123 batteries from Batterystation. First, I assume the batteries I need for an ARC LS are CR123A. Am I correct? Batterystation sells both Sanyo and DP in CR123A. The DP is less expensive than the Sanyo. What are the differences between these two batteries? Which do you reccomend for an ARC LS? Thanks guys, I appreciate your expertise.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never tried the Sanyos, but I've bought over a hundred of the DP's and they're great. Runtimes similar to Surefires.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, from what I hear, the DP's are a great bang for the buck. Arc has actually used/sold these for a while but I think Peter found an alternate brand that's an even better value.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go for the DP's.

Sanyos are probably better batteries. However when you combine the lower price of the DP's with the fact that your Arc is regulated, the DP's are the way to go.Kevin from the BatteryStation likes them and Arc sells them too.

I've been using Surefires in mine because back when I bought them, they were the best deal. Next time I buy 123's, I will probably get the DP's from Kevin (batterystation.com) or Peter (Arc).

Pat

*Add-on: Peter (Arc) was selling Lisun 123's but his source dried up so he switched to the DP's.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Just got 20 Sanyo 123s from a local distributor who imported them directly from Japan. These Sanyos are 2003 model that claims 10% increase in capacity. I am not sure they are the same as the current US model.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I think I'll go for the DP's. I appreciate your help.