rocky 220 and 160 light package at sams club

tpolley

Newly Enlightened
i bought a 2 pack of lights at sams club yesterday. rocky brand. one light is a 220 lumen and the other is a 160 lumen. $25. i figured it wasn't a bad deal. i've been looking for a new daily carry light. within the first 5 minutes i was ready to take them back. it's a multi function switch. push the button once and it turns the light on at 50% power. push it again and it turns on 100%, push it a third time and it goes into a strobe. push it a 4th time to turn it off. you have to push the button 4 times to turn it off and on. i hate that. i destroyed the package taking them out. i may have to pay a re-stocking fee but i think they're going back this afternoon.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
i bought a 2 pack of lights at sams club yesterday. rocky brand. one light is a 220 lumen and the other is a 160 lumen. $25. i figured it wasn't a bad deal. i've been looking for a new daily carry light. within the first 5 minutes i was ready to take them back. it's a multi function switch. push the button once and it turns the light on at 50% power. push it again and it turns on 100%, push it a third time and it goes into a strobe. push it a 4th time to turn it off. you have to push the button 4 times to turn it off and on. i hate that. i destroyed the package taking them out. i may have to pay a re-stocking fee but i think they're going back this afternoon.

The lesson I've learned the hard way myself is that if I buy a $12 flashlight I should expect a $12 flashlight :)

Morris

Newly Enlightened
This might be an "Easter egg" as it is not mentioned in the instructions, but if you push and hold the button in, the light starts at low power, switches to high power, and stays there until you release the switch.

quintox

Newly Enlightened
And the question to ask : Is a 12 dollar light, worthy to be ready when needed

Canuke

Enlightened
From your description -- in particular the switch behaviour and the unreliability -- these sound like a rerun of similar cheap lights at Costco. The difference is that the Costco product(s) are rated for 200/150 lumens, 3 lights instead of 2, and run you $19.99 (if they aren't still on sale at $14.99 as they were recently).

Are these 3xAAA with a battery caddy?