LED weapon light search

New to this

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a LED weapon light for my duty AR15 rifle. We have some large warehouses with one million SF of space so I need a bright light with a good throw and still able to be used in room to room clearing. I would like light weight and also not to expensive we do not get paid much. Off the shelf or custom any idea would be great.

Thank you

Todd

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
Anything XM-L should get the job done bright and good throw in the rite Host have the XM-L in the Dereelight DBS V3 and its a solid light has great throw and very nice Spill it comes in a small enough package to mount to your AR15 the Light will run on 1 18650 or 2 RCR123 cells Using 2 batteries RCR or 2 18650's will boost the output of this light a fair amount you will need the ext to use 2 18650. there is a different ext that will permit the use of 3 CR123A. I am using the 2 18650 cells and the light can throw light to 300 yards easily. here is the link to the light http://flashlightconnection.com/Der...M-Cree-XM-L-Single-Level-Flashlight-p393.html

Joe

00Moonshine

Newly Enlightened
After trying several more expensive, heavier, fancier lights for my duty rifle I finally settled on an old Surefire 6P with a Malkoff drop in. Plenty of throw for warehouse clearing, relatively inexpensive, dead simple, and no more lousy pressure pads that always quit working when I needed the light for real.

Phireglass

Newly Enlightened
Im currently lookin for the same thing, i have a 6p and a solarforce l2 with the 6p rocking a lumensfactory 300lumen and the l2 wih a thrunite xml 460lumen and both of them dont have a long enough throw for my ar-15 whats a good p60 sized drop in with good output and a long i mean l o n g throw?

seven11

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure what you are looking to spend, so for something under $100, I would recommend the light below. You can use a standard scope ring to mount in on the rail on your AR15. The 1000-lumens is likely an inflated number, but the sst-50 is a good LED with plenty of light. Plus the reflector on this light is really deep and long which will give you good light downrange.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aurora...000-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-33619

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heard of/considered the Elzetta ZFH1500? Then you can get your own flashlight.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what you are looking to spend, so for something under $100, I would recommend the light below. You can use a standard scope ring to mount in on the rail on your AR15. The 1000-lumens is likely an inflated number, but the sst-50 is a good LED with plenty of light. Plus the reflector on this light is really deep and long which will give you good light downrange.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/aurora...000-lumen-memory-led-flashlight-1-18650-33619

Sorry seven11, but for the OP, I would not put DX anything on anything duty related. Airsoft, OK...patrol/Duty rifle...negative. 1 2nd the 6P/Malkoff. Simple, Tough, Upgradable, Bright, and tough as nails. And if either quit on you for some unknown reason (highly unlikely), you have two of the best in CS in the business. later on, you could get a tape/pressure switch if you wanted, or if you needed to use it as a handheld, you could. Or if you carried an SF in your pocket/pack, you'd have repair parts for your rifle light immediatley avail.

BTW, :welcome:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
TRL-1
It's reliable, bright enough, and light weight. I can't think of anything reasonable size to give you the throw for that much open warehouse.

You can buy a bigger heavier light that costs plenty more and buy a tape switch and buy a mount and buy an upgrade to give you more throw and ........ It's the service, been there, somebody might help your fancy light walk away.

00Moonshine

Newly Enlightened
I don't know anything about the dealextreme lights, but based on the stated weight I wouldn't want it on my rifle for that reason alone.

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have used a variety of lights on rifles over the years - I think the Eagletac T20C2 MK KII is the bets way to go.

I have the R5 version mounted on my PS90, as I've had it there a year. I do have the new XM-L T20C2 MK II as my everyday carry. The R5 throws a little more, but the XM-L has more flood. I'd probably get the XM-L version for the rifle if I was just now buying a weapon light.

I like that at max, I can get close to 2 hours, and like 13 hours at the 60 lumen settings. I wanted a light that would last an entire nights length if need be.

Eagletac makes a weapon mount, but the middle part of the body is a 1" size. I used 1" scope rings to mount mine. But, on an AR, there are all sorts of mounts out there...

ps90701.jpg

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Surefire 6P with a Malkoff drop in.

End of story - close this thread. ;)

Seriously, "duty" and DX should never be used in the same sentence.

Get a Malkoff (preferrably M61/M61W) and you are good to go. The M61 has decent throw, but more importantly for room clearing - it has great spill to illuminate not only what is directly in front of you, but also all the periphery areas to your left and right. Sure would hate to miss something (someone) that is at your 10 or 2. I would never recommend a strictly "throw" beam for weapon lights where indoor room clearing is a possibility.