Long lasting LED in case power goes out

trauts14

Newly Enlightened
I have a Led wave from several years ago. it takes 3 D batts and works for many, many days. Not super bright, but great if electricity goes out.

Can anybody suggest a LED with a long life. It doesnt have to be super bright, just a long life for emergencies. Thanks.

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA2 can go for an entire month continuously on 2 AA batteries. That is on the 0.2 (might be higher now with new emitters) lumen moonlight mode which is plenty bright to see if your eyes are dark adapted. I have a Quark AA2 Warm tactical with a flush switch that I bought so it can tailstand. The tactical is programmable and has a nice selection of modes. I use it around the house at night and as a candle if the power goes out, with a nice stash of Eneloops, a few lithium AAs, and lots of 123s that I could pop in if I switch out the battery tube. You could also look at the NightStar flashlight which is a shakelight if you wanted to go that route, but the output isn't very good and it's more bulky. You want a light with a very lowlow mode and efficient electronics (Quark, HDS, etc.) or make sure you have lots of batteries (or both).

Last edited: