Upgrading the flashlights

kandalas

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Could you please advise me, is it in general possible to substitute the old LED with new powerful one in the flashlights (headlamps in particular I am interested in)? If the flashlight is regulated can the upgrade still be done?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
must not even be regulatet
(it will work like old one, even when its put in system crappy)

Open light till You see the led.
When mounted on Star, You are lucky --> very easy now
dismount old Star, mount new led on Star
done

... of course the new led must be "comparable".
F.e. when the old one is a Luxeon III, it makes no sense to use P7, MC-E, ...

Do You have a pic of the light?
from the front?
opened?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Could you please advise me, is it in general possible to substitute the old LED with new powerful one in the flashlights (headlamps in particular I am interested in)? If the flashlight is regulated can the upgrade still be done?

It really depends on the light or headlight in question. Some are really easy to mod whereas others might be near impossible depending on your level of skill. Try searching the forum for the particular light in question along with "mod" or "mods" and see what you get.

-Robert

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF. :) You would do well to spend a lot of time in the Homemade and Modified Flashlights Discussion forum where you can search for threads and posts on flashlight modifications, from simple to complex. Hundreds of threads on that topic there. When I joined CPF I did not even post until I was fairly well versed in what CPF has to offer.

Bill

kandalas

Newly Enlightened
alright,

Got the idea, will check the subforums and will decide if it is worth upgrading ;)