Source for info/parts to DIY repair on EX10 (or other lights?)

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I have an old EX10 that has been my EDC since I first got it. Nearly the perfect light for me. Mine was one of the early ones w/ the thin/weak threads & after a couple years of daily use, I dropped it & watched it snap into two pieces. Was able to find a CPF member who'd gotten the Ti housing & was willing to send me their original, which got me back in business for a while. . .until the light started to glitch. I've cleaned it six ways from sunday, had the light engine apart, tweaked the spring, the contact ring, etc. Always keep my lights well lubricated w/ Nyogel + conducting well w/ DeOxit, so I'm quite confident that its something to do w/ the actual light engine. Nothing obvious is wrong w/ the solder joints - all look well intact (including the leads that pass through the board & power the emitter). I did have one CPF member, in another thread, offer to take a look FOR me, but I'd really like to tackle it myself. I work with small electronics for a living (building & modifying guitar effects = my part-time income, repairing & modifying German Autos = my day job), I just don't have any info for troubleshooting the ICs on this board. . .

ALSO - if I can bring it back to life, I'd love to swap in a newer emitter, just for fun.

SO. . .anyone have this info, or some good links to share?

:D

note: I *did* try to warranty the light when it first broke. Unfortunately, I got it from 4Sevens, and though I've bought nearly a dozen lights there, (AND have in writing that they would support the light should I ever have trouble w/ it, due to it being one of the "thin" early lights) they can't warranty NiteCore lights. I've sent several e-mails to NiteCore & they don't reply. . .SO, not buying any more NiteCore lights or anything from 4Sevens, just trying to find a silver lining on this - maybe I can fix & mod the light into something I can use again!