bezel mode switch

devon8822

Newly Enlightened
He, im looking for my first tactical LED, and I wasn't into the usual mode switch of pressing the on/off button multiple times to change modes. So I found the Fenix TA series which I think has it right for me with the bezel that you can put where you want it and it will turn on to that setting every time you turn on the light.

I am wondering what other lights are out their that have this function/way of switching modes? Any recommendations are appreciated!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I think he's referring to the control ring like that on the Nitecore Infilux, Jetbeams, Sunwayman V10R, and stuff like that, where light output is controlled at the front of the light instead of multiple presses of the switch. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

AIC

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac does both, Head twist or bezel ring. Just depends what light you have ;)

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
There are a few variations of the control out there, JetBeam's RRT series have nice magnetic control rings. The Fenix TA series uses a gear driven system instead of the magnetic switching (I have the Fenix TA21) which is nice and solid but not as easy to turn as the magnetic rings. The Fenix TA series have also been discontinued so you'd have to find some old stock.

AIC

Newly Enlightened
I would really like to try a light with a switch ring some day as well. I really like the look of the JetBeam RRT lights, but they are so dang expensive!

mrlysle

Enlightened
I would really like to try a light with a switch ring some day as well. I really like the look of the JetBeam RRT lights, but they are so dang expensive!

The only one I currently have is the Nitecore IFE1, but it really works well. My only issue is that the control ring doesn't have enough "resistance" to it, if that makes sense. I wish it was a little harder to turn. Other than that, it's a really nice light. I want to get get the IFE2 to go with it, since 18650 is probably my favorite format for my lights. Those Jetbeams are great looking too!

recDNA

Flashaholic
The Jetbeam BC40 has control of 2 modes in the head. It's big (2 X 18650) but inexpensive compared to the others mentioned here and has more output than any of them. Tight = high, Loose = low. Simple.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4sevens Maelstrom G5 has 4 different settings on the bezel at 4 different locations, and you can set any one of them even when the light is off.
The Quark Tactical line has 2 head twist settings.
Most Malkoff lights have a 2 setting head twist.
There are quite a few of these kinds of UI out there. Not hard to find, but maybe hard to decide which one you want.

AIC

Newly Enlightened
The only one I currently have is the Nitecore IFE1, but it really works well. My only issue is that the control ring doesn't have enough "resistance" to it, if that makes sense. I wish it was a little harder to turn. Other than that, it's a really nice light. I want to get get the IFE2 to go with it, since 18650 is probably my favorite format for my lights. Those Jetbeams are great looking too!

Wow! just checked out those lights, looks pretty sweet, I do know what you mean about resistance, or more of it would be a good thing. Price is still too high for me. Before I buy a light or a knife, I ask myself, how much ammo could I buy instead? And go from there!

mrlysle

Enlightened
Wow! just checked out those lights, looks pretty sweet, I do know what you mean about resistance, or more of it would be a good thing. Price is still too high for me. Before I buy a light or a knife, I ask myself, how much ammo could I buy instead? And go from there!

Sounds like a pretty good rule! At least if the SHTF, I'll know where to come to reload! LOL