Quark Mini 123

Lightman2

Enlightened
Just took my Quark Mini 123 outside for a play and yes it is a great light indeed. Much brighter than the longer Photon AA and heaps brigher than the Photon Rex (which I love). The LED flickered a bit as it seems like you can accidentally fool the Quark into trying to decide what mode to go into therefore you have to firmly rotate the head in and out until you reach the mode desired. Great EDC light if it gives the run times advertised. As I am a power to size ratio freak the Quark Mini works well at 60mm long and lots of flawles semi wide/tight beam illumination.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should also try the Mini CR2 which is smaller but puts out a similar amount of light. :grin2:

I have two Mini 123 and two Mini CR2 and it is hard to say which I like better. :)

cistallus

Enlightened
If you really want to be impressed with the "power to size" of the Mini 123, try a lithium-ion battery in it, it just becomes a wall of light on high.

Although you can't run it very long on high this way (30 seconds to a minute or two) unless you have it well heatsinked in your hand or water or cold moving air.

Also, 4Sevens doesn't officially support this (but lots of people do it, search around here).

Be sure to read up on Li-Ion safety if you do this, and get AW brand cells to avoid problems.