Surefire Presidential Gift Set -- whatcha think?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on sf website a today and say this setup -- http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&carfnbr=&prrfnbr= 837&sesent=0,0 The price is $285. What do you guys think of that combo? Can it be found or "put together" for cheaper? Be sure to click on the "CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE " so you can see what the package includes. I am not sure if it is the HA or even the lexan or pyrex lenses in that package. Anyone with insight please shed some light here.

I notice that some of you guys have converted a C2 to a M2...why?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi cue003,
welcome to CPF!
According to the specs, they both are HA-III, and both have Pyrex lenses.
(click pic
winkie.GIF
)
As for converting the C2 to a M2, not sure, but my guess is for the shock isolated bezel...
rolleyes.gif

Hope this helps

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget that if you click on the picture you will see that they include an extra light assembly and two batteries in each pouch.

Those pouches are pretty sweet looking.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
In my opinion, the pouches are the only reason worth consider this as a package. I don't understand why SF would sell the pouches as standalone accessories. I'd buy at least 3-of them if they did.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'd be in for a couple of the pouches too. The lights I could find on my own for much cheaper, even when considering the extra lamps and batteries included.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the pouches are what makes the package PRESIDENTIAL!!. Who knows. Thanks for the insight guys.

Hope you all have a great holiday and you all get what you want for xmas.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by cue003:
Sean, what is the benefit of changing a C2 to a M2? According to the specs they both have the same light output etc. The C2 shown in the package is HA III and has the pyrex lens right?

Thanks again.

Is that price acceptable or is that high for what you get? Will I be able to do much better if I bought the components individually?

Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The difference between the C2 & M2 when purchased seperately:

1. The M2 has one extra o-ring on the tail end for extra water resistance.

2. The M2 bezel is shock isolated & has a pyrex lens. So if you drop it, the lamp assembly is somewhat protected from shock were as the C2 offers no shock protection.

3. The M2 comes standard with the P60 & P61 lamp assemblies.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sean, what is the benefit of changing a C2 to a M2? According to the specs they both have the same light output etc. The C2 shown in the package is HA III and has the pyrex lens right?

Thanks again.

Is that price acceptable or is that high for what you get? Will I be able to do much better if I bought the components individually?

Thanks.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If you're interested in the lights only, they can both be had for much cheaper than the retail advertised on the set. Seems to me like there's alot of extra $ charged for the pouches. Of course, you might be able to find the set discounted. I've seen the Surefire/Emerson set on e-bay a couple of times.