ARC AAA Personalities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have gatherered a few of the AAAs. Some NIB, others 2nds or parts lights. The little guys really have different personalities. Some have huge beams, others narrow. Some have a side spill which fills the ceiling and others that have well defined crisp spots. Have there been various changes along the way with the built-in reflector? I know the output of the individual LEDS has some affect, but it appears to me that the polishing, cone angle and possibly unknown (to me) factors are at play. What's up?

BTW-I recently purchased an ARC aaa "rough body" in B/S/T and it is the coolest, well worn- lookin' AAA body I have seen. It is my favorite. Looks like it was carried by a soldier since the dawn of time.... Hardly has any finish left on it.

Thanks,
A-6

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
A-6,

From my small sample size of three, FWIW, I have also noticed this phenomenon of different personalities. I like them all, but my favorite is my very first Arc AAA that my brother bought me: An Arc AAA-LE. It has the best color beam of all three, but is not as bright as my v. 3.2 AWP.

I have no idea why this is, but I do know that the AAA has gone through a number of different revisions.

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened
Yep,
Both my triple A's are great. However, although the red CPF version is pretty, I like my gray "SE" the best. The other night, my neighbor came over. (I had been out in my front yard with my triple A.)
"WOW! What kind of light was that bright one"? I pulled out the small, gray single triple A~~and he didn't believe me. I had to turn it on and show him.

Will

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Yep, this is typical for all ARC AAA lights that I've seen. Much of it has to due with how far the LED is seated into the bezel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aha! Thanks. I knew there must be an underlying reason. I'm not complaining mind you. I like these lights. Thanks for the confirmation too JS and Kentucky Rifle.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
just got my AAA-P yesterday, i love it. Remember how we takled about the LS's having "Fragles" (I think that was the word)Do the AAA LEd have them too, because on top of mine there something that looks like that. Could it be a scrach? It doesn't bother me, but I was just wondering.
Thanks,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Ardy,

You mean "farkle?"

=)

Aside from pocket lint (my AAA LE is a true keychain light that I wear everyday), I haven't noticed any on my AAA LE -- however, as I only own one of these puppies and one LSH-S, I can't say for sure that other AAAs will hold true.

Hopefully, someone with more extensive experience will step up to answer your question, I thought I'd just put in my two cents.

=)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Ya ya "farkle" that was it.
What did I say? "Fragles" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Sorry,
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.