Full spectrum light

dlhoff1x

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I know nothing about light. I have several question I need answered. Do they make a flash light that has full spectrum light?

Roger999

Enlightened
Incandescent? They have all the visible range as well as IR, I'm not too sure about UV though.

dlhoff1x

Newly Enlightened
Hi Roger999
Thank you for replying to my post. I've been reading some of the post related to Full spectrum light and its all very confusing. My plan is simply to project a small intense light soarse through a prism and make a rainbow. Do you have any ideas on what type of flash light or light soarse I can use to do it? It seems that if anyone could help me its someone on this web page. It means alot to me to find the answers to my questions. Thank you for any help and ideas you can give me. Don

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
I think to get a rainbow out of a prism you just need white light; IR and UV shouldn't matter if it's just meant to be seen by people.

AlPal

Newly Enlightened
Hi Roger999
Thank you for replying to my post. I've been reading some of the post related to Full spectrum light and its all very confusing. My plan is simply to project a small intense light soarse through a prism and make a rainbow. Do you have any ideas on what type of flash light or light soarse I can use to do it? It seems that if anyone could help me its someone on this web page. It means alot to me to find the answers to my questions. Thank you for any help and ideas you can give me. Don

Hi dlhoff1x
Have a look at my avatar below my name. That is a picture that I took of a Jetbeam RRT-0 flashlight shining into my camera lense, with a light diffracting filter over the lense to seperate the light into a rainbow pattern. Maybe a light like this will suit your purpose?

dlhoff1x

Newly Enlightened
Thank you everyone for your input. So what small flash light would you subjest I might want to use? Something that has alot of power and is focused. Thanks for the help, Don