mining headlamp

jackleung

Newly Enlightened
I would like to ask what need to concern if I want design a headlamp for mining?

Any regulation I have to take care off?
Any safety requirement?

Szemhazai

Enlightened
ROTFL - if you are asking here about that, don't think about that any longer... It's impossible to make homemade mining headlamp and meet all regulations, you will have to spend a few hundred dollars to get all necessary standards and regulations on paper. :ohgeez:

Then every part of your headlamp needs to have certificates of compliance with such norms i.e. the mining lamp should withstand 10 second in open fire 450*C degrees... :devil:

Last edited:

Szemhazai

Enlightened
DaveyJones, you are going to mine yourself or send the people down ? If you are not afraid of government officials and you have a plenty of workers you can buy some 18650 zebralight clones on DX / Kai.

vtunderground

Enlightened

jackleung

Newly Enlightened
haha....

I am not DIYing it. but I need more info to get the project start. Actually we 're a small company which try to make the brightest headlamp in the world so that it can benefit to every industries.

Thanks for virtualground giving me the website for reference.

However , if what I made is not for selling in USA, say, south Africa, does it still need a MSHA approval?
It seems that every country has its own mining regulatory dept and laws to obey, right?

Szemhazai

Enlightened
jackleung, there are country specific mining regulation everywhere, but there are also some international standards that you will have to know i.e. :

IEC 62013 - Caplights for use in mines susceptible to firedamp - Part 2: Performance and other safety-related matters (IEC 62013-2:2005);
IEC 60079 - Explosive atmospheres - Part 0: Equipment - General requirements
EN 50303 Group I, category M1 equipment intended to remain functional in atmospheres endangered by firedamp and/or coal dust

Thats for the good start... ;)

jackleung

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your info!!

I thought the new LED mining headlight will be lighter and more powerful than the traditional mining headlight.

And we wish one day our one will become one. :)