Flashlights that come in white (body color, not tint)?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
My wife actually asked me to buy her a nice flashlight, so I don't want to disappoint her :thumbsup:. She doesn't care about output, modes, battery type, or interface :confused:. She just want's the body to be white :rolleyes:. I know you can get white cerakote Surefires, but that's knocking on an expensive door that I don't think she'd approve of. For her sake, I'll be a bit more specific on the details. I'm looking for:

>White body (aluminum or plastic)
>Simple UI. A med-high single mode or simple dual mode light would be nice.
>1xAA or 2xAA preferred, but a 123 light would not be out of the question.
>No parasitic drain (will sit in a drawer for a lot of the time)
>Under $65

What can you recommend?

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
Maybe get a Fenix E21 (neutral?) and have it custom cerakote'd? Perhaps she would like to have something unique.

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
Well, I did some more searching and found an Icon Modus 2. It's absolutely perfect for this specific application. I found it on ebay for $21 shipped, I could not be happier. I'll let you know how it is when it comes...

nbp

Flashaholic
Man, I was just a little too slow! I was just going to suggest the Modus series. From my experience with them, they seem to be pretty nice lights, and will be exactly what you are looking for. My only sticking point is they are a bit larger than you would think, sort of thick. For a guy, EDCing would be tough in a pocket for example. Most women have purses though, so in this situation I don't think it will be an issue at all.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get both ICON Modus 1&2 for $65 if you shop well.
I think the 14505 primary works in the Modus1 so it gets Modus2 output.

igoman

Newly Enlightened
You can paint flashlight yourself cant you? Just get some quality car paint in white and it will never come off.