Lights: What am I Missing?

JNieporte

Enlightened
This could just as easily be in the "List Your Lights" thread, but I'm looking for feedback. I've provided a list of my good lights, and I hope that you can give me some input as to what I'm "missing" in terms of LEDs (not interested in incandescents). My price range is reflected in my choices below; please don't suggest a $130+ light when most of mine are under $60. Numbers in parentheses () denote that I own that number of that model.

Button / Coin Cell:
egear Pico Lite (6)
Streamlight Nano (3)
Leatherman Monarch 200
LRI Photon Freedom (8)

Single AAA:
ITP EOS A3 Upgraded (3)
Streamlight microStream (2)
Leatherman Monarch 300 (2)
Leatherman Serac S2
Fenix E01
Aurora R2
Gerber Tempo (10+, these ride in pocket-sized First Aid Kits)

Two AAA:
Streamlight Stylus Pro
4Sevens Preon 2

Multiple AAAs in Carrier:
MagLite XL50.
Rayovac Sportsman XTreme 2-mode LED.
Rayovac 30-lumen LED.
Dorcy 200-lumen.
Brinkmann Armor Max 145 Lumen LED.

CR123 / 18650:
Dorcy 45-lumen LED.
Solarforce Skyline I.
MG P-Rocket OP Reflector, 450 Lumens.
NexTorch P6A.
ITP Eluma SC2.
Streamlight PT2L.
Olight T10.
Shiningbeam S-mini 360 Lumens (great light, got it on a trade)
ITP A1 EOS Q5.
Streamlight PolyTac LED.
Romisen RV-235 II R5.
Romisen RC-C3 II R2.
Lighthound R2 twisty.
Romisen RC-A4 II Q5 Two mode.
JetBeam BC10.
JetBeam BC40.

AA:
Romisen RC-G2 II R5.
EagleTac P100A2.
Fenix E21.
Maglite MiniMag AA LED, Multi-mode.
Sipik Single AA Focusable LED.
Leatherman Monarch 400.
Brinkmann ArmorMax 60-Lumen LED.
Various inspection light from different manufacturers. (10+)

AAAA:
Streamlight Stylus.

So, in keeping within my portrayed budget and without adding a new battery type, what should be my next purchase? What am I missing?

Last edited:

DivineStrike

Newly Enlightened
don't have the light yet because I am not at home but when i get home "in a little while" lol actually a looong while, I'd actually be able to give feedback on it. The quark mini aa or 123. I purchased the ti version, also want to get the ti cr123 mini as well.

Oh and get yourself some headlamps, they are so worth the money as long as you get a good one. Personally i wouldn't bother with the cheap $10-20. Don't have much experience with them but most that are $30 or more seem to have pretty decent specs, quality, and controls.

Last edited:

aivn

Newly Enlightened
Missing Olight M20 series: may be wait for the XM-L version (called M2X) to fill this gap :)

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really need to get a light which can use p-60 modules.

A SF 6P will fit your budget or get a Solarforce L2P. Either way, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Quark mini, any model , but especially AA. Any light made by Peak.

I might add also that if you clean house a bit and then use those funds with some additional, you can go a bit upscale; you won't regret it.

PCS

Newly Enlightened
Maybe spending just a little more would open your horizons and provide hours of entertainment value.

Everyone needs a nice 2 x CR123A, 400-500+ lumen XM-L light: 4Sevens Quark TurboX, Fenix TK21, EagleTac T20C2 XM-L, Sunwayman T20C, etc.

A variable output light like the Sunwayman V10R or the Jetbeam JETBeam RRT-0 R5 would also be fun.

If we're really stuck at $60.00, a single-cell Thrunite Neutron might be very entertaining.
:party:

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Quark TurboX I have one and love it, +1 on the Zebralight SC600 coming out this month (I needs it, my precious) ;)
Ill need to sell something to get it, :sigh:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add a +1 on the Turbo X....just awesome & so small. Get an AW 17670 Li-ion rechargeable battery to go with it as well.

Another +1 on zebralights too. Get a ZL headlamp like the H51 or the H51w (neutral tint...this is the one I have.) Incredibly bright for a single AA light with the best all around UI in the flashlight world.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Great list of lights !
Eagletac T20C2 MKII (drop-in options)
4Sevens Quark Turbo X
Lumintop TD15X... all are around $100