Jetbeam RRT-0 opinion, momentary on

aimxplode

Enlightened
I just received my RRT-0 in the mail today from Light Junction. The build quality and materials on this are amazing. I love this light, but I have an issue with it:

-There is a noticable ~.5 second delay when turning it on or activating momentary on. Why is this? My $40 BA20 does momentary on perfectly, I would expect a $100 to do it perfect as well.

Last edited:

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
Re: Jetbeam RRT-0 opinon, momentary on

My RRT-0 has no delay. The boot over the switch feels like it's a little to large so that when it is pressed their is a noticeable space between the boot and the switch. Is this what you are encountering?

5-28
On re-examination...
I have my RRT-0 with me today and found that if I push the switch in slightly and hold at that position the light comes on in about .5 seconds. I guess I'd never noticed it because it is a brief delay and I keep pushing the button until the light comes on.

Last edited:

PCS

Newly Enlightened

I just received my RRT-0 in the mail today from Light Junction. The build quality and materials on this are amazing. I love this light, but I have an issue with it:

-There is a noticable ~.5 second delay when turning it on or activating momentary on. Why is this? My $40 BA20 does momentary on perfectly, I would expect a $100 to do it perfect as well.

The delay is less that 0.5 seconds, but it's noticeable on mine too.

Do you guys have the XP-G R5 version or the S2 update?

aimxplode

Enlightened

My RRT-0 has no delay. The boot over the switch feels like it's a little to large so that when it is pressed their is a noticeable space between the boot and the switch. Is this what you are encountering?

I do notice the extra space between the boot and switch, but that's not the problem. Once I hit the switch to activate momentary on, the delay occurs there.

radioactive_man said:
The delay is less that 0.5 seconds, but it's noticeable on mine too.
Are you using the XP-G r5 too?

PCS said:
Do you guys have the XP-G R5 version or the S2 update?
XP-G R5, It just arrived 5/25/11 from light junction.

radioactive_man

Enlightened

Yes, mine is an R5 model too. The delay has never bothered me, although I find it a little bit odd.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a TC-R2 S2 - it is an RRT-0 afterall?
There is no momentary-on delay whatsoever. There seems not.
Maybe you have to take up warranty and exchange?

aimxplode

Enlightened

I've just contacted light junction about this issue, if anyone else has a RRT-0 please chime in!

jjoustfrost

Newly Enlightened

not a jetbeam, but my ti sunwayman v10r also has a noticeable ~.5 second delay especially on low. I wonder if this problem has anything to do with magnetic control rings... then again, my aluminum v10r didn't have this problem

aimxplode

Enlightened

I just checked my email, I had a response from Light Junction 5 minutes after I emailed them, they are very quick.

Jay from Lightjunction said:
the behavior is well know for RRT-0, I guess it is due to the infinite
ramping design, but not 100% positive.

Although it bugs me, I hope this is the case so I don't have to mail back the light.

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened

I have an older version (R2, I think), but I do know the turn on delay is much longer with an alkaline AA than it is with a 14500.

radioactive_man

Enlightened

I just checked my email, I had a response from Light Junction 5 minutes after I emailed them, they are very quick.

Although it bugs me, I hope this is the case so I don't have to mail back the light.

Mine is a 5 stage R5, and it has a minor delay on momentary, so that can't be right.

radioactive_man

Enlightened

Just curious, but does your R5 have a hint of green compared to cool whites?

Nope, it has a slightly purple tint, which only really shows up on a white wall. It gets slightly green on the lowest stages, if I run it on AA alkalines (I have the AA extender).

Harry999

Enlightened
I have the S2 version & there is no delay at all. It is also a beautiful creamy white through all ranges with absolutely no hint of green at all...

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
I have my RRT-0 with me today and found that if I push the switch in slightly and hold at that position the light comes on in about .5 seconds. I guess I'd never noticed it because it is a brief delay and I keep pushing the button until the light comes on.

aimxplode

Enlightened
So, I decided to exchange my R5 for an S2 recently. I've had a few days to test my new S2, and it is awesome. The button is softer, with no large gap between the switch boot and the button. Heres a pic I took with my phone, it turned out surprisingly good!

WVmbF.jpg

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful pic Aimxplode.
I have a titanium TC-R2 and there seems to be no delay, but the clickie is a bit stiff, and the control ring a tad loose.
Can I ask how you find the S2 beam? Bigger but less bright a hotspot, floodier sideways, with a little less throw than the R5?
It seems that the new emitters like the R5, then S2, the XM-L, are getting bigger and bigger, with more flood and less throw..

njet212

Enlightened
I have both rrt 0 r5 and s2 version. And yes there is a delay ~0.5 sec on r5 version and i don't found this issue on s2 version.

Switch is much more smooth on s2 version and for the size the s2 version is slightly longer than r5 version.

Both are rrt 0 with infinite brightness... Hope this help..