How do you carry yourFenix TK41/Tk40/TK45?

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I threw a maxpedition caribinger on the lanyard of my TK41 and it works alright. The only thing I don't like is it swings around pretty good at times. Is there a holster available for these lights? Any other method of carrying when your not wearing a pack?

kj2

Flashaholic
SBFlashlightGuy on YouTube has an video about a Maxpedition holster that will hold a Fenix TK40.
TK40 head is just like a TK41. Only the TK41 has a bigger heatsink.

todd.krock

Newly Enlightened
SBFlashlightGuy on YouTube has an video about a Maxpedition holster that will hold a Fenix TK40.
TK40 head is just like a TK41. Only the TK41 has a bigger heatsink.

I bought the maxpedition holster with my TK41. Works nicely with it in my opinion. The universial can be use for other lights or whatever as well. So if you decide to carry something smaller you can adjust it and be fine. You can't get anything bigger then the TK41 in there though, it just fits.

chenko

Enlightened
It seems the velcro flap is a bit short (for my taste) on the maxpedition holster. Are there any other holsters able to carry TK41 and/or TK45? I suppose there should be, since there have always been large maglites in the past, and people would have had to carry them in some sort of way.

todd.krock

Newly Enlightened
It seems the velcro flap is a bit short (for my taste) on the maxpedition holster. Are there any other holsters able to carry TK41 and/or TK45? I suppose there should be, since there have always been large maglites in the past, and people would have had to carry them in some sort of way.

If you ride it high in the holster yes it can be a bit short as you say. But if you open it up so the head sinks in a bit further like i do, it will be fine. It remains very secure in my opinion.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning on picking up a Maxpedition holster sometime for my TK45, but I haven't actually gotten around to doing it. I can't decide whether I'd use it often enough. Do any of you guys walk around with it in the holster all the time? I usually don't mind just holding it if I'm going out in the dark, and otherwise it's always close to me in a backpack I take pretty much everywhere I go.

Samy

Enlightened
The TK41 works fine with the maglight belt ring i read somewhere on here. Thats what i plan to use.

cheers

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my searches have only turned up the Maxpedition Universal Flashlight Holster as a way of carrying the TK45 or TK41.

Does anyone know of any other options (not including simple rings like you used to get for a maglite)?

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
There's a solarforce holster that is simliar to the maxpedition universal holster. I'm on my phone so its a little difficult to link but if you look on solarforce sales you'll find it. I have it and it works perfectly.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
Actually sorry. I just took a look at the site and it looks like they're not in stock anymore. It was the fh-4

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, I see. Maybe the FH-2 is a little large, but it should still hold the lights too.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that. I found a UK seller of the FH-4 and ordered one for £8 (the Maxpedition is £23). I have to say I actually prefer the look of the solarforce one and it is cheaper!

I'll post back my experience of it once it arrives.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FH-2 mentioned above is long enough, but crucially too narrow to take the battery tube of the TK45 size torch. It is more like a 2x18650 size holster. The FH-4 looks right, and as I said I'll report back once it arrives.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Solarforce FH-4 holster has arrived.

It works well with the TK45, though is right at the limit of its capacity, so is a little snug. It needs a slight twisting action to get it into the holster but this snug fit gives a sense of security as even if the cover was not down, I'm pretty sure it would not come out if you were running. Anything larger than the TK45 and the adjustable holster's retaining strap will not close properly around the battery tube.

FH-4holster1.jpg

FH-4holster2.jpg

FH-4holster3.jpg

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Solarforce holster looks good. My dad and I both got Maxpedition holsters, one for his TK41 and one for my TK45, and they're working great as well. At first we didn't realize that we could adjust the top flap, but once we figured that out we were golden.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up that Nite-ize holster one day in Sports Authority, but it unfortunately doesn't work well for me. I can squeeze it into the holster with a lot of effort, but it really requires a great deal of pushing and shoving to get the tailcap of the TK45 into the holster.