Oveready triple on 17670?

houtex

Enlightened
Kinda long story,here it goes...

I have DIY bored a couple of C2's one came out kinda nice the other not so much. I got in a rush and the tube is one-sided ,still works just looks bad and kinda a weird fit.

Anyways,I have a brand new C2 coming in any minute now and I was thinking for this one I wanted it to be special. The oveready/modoo triple. The thing is I want this one to go untouched as far as boring or bezel swap (several reason why) .

How would it go,would it be worth it to use the triple in the C2 with an AW17670 ?
I'm kinda strange in that once something gets put together I don't like to move parts around. I guess that's why I own multiples of certain lights.:naughty:

shane45_1911

Enlightened
A single 17670 will work fine, but you won't enjoy the full output that this engine is capable of.

From Oveready's site information:
"With a single lithium cell, It will run at approximately 75% output (800+ lumens) in this configuration. These are not regulated on 1 cell. A single AW 18650 2600mAh cell will provide an hour of runtime. You can run a single 17670 for about 35 minutes."

houtex

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply.

NOT AN INTEGRITY CHECK AGAINST THE TORCHLAB CREW

But I just wanted some end users to chime in you know. Like I said I'm weird. I'm even trying to get a C3 right now and I know that the C3 would be best for the Triple .

Tommygun45

Enlightened
You should get an extender for your C3. I have one for mine and it allows me to run 2 17670's. Used this setup with my M91W all weekend camping and it was fantastic.

houtex

Enlightened
Which extender?? I never thought of that. pics? Might be a fun option. pics again? Is this a factory extension? By the way,got any pics?

houtex

Enlightened
Hey EG! order placed Tuesday. Would the A19 and two 17670 work? Plus I'm picky when it come's to matching HA on this light. It's just soooo perfect a C2.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
In terms of length, A19's are half of a 17670/18650. So a C2 plus 2 A19's or a C3 plus 1 A19 will get you the length you want.

In terms of width, bored lights plus bored A19's are good for 18mm.

In terms of finish, natural HA A19's are possible and will somewhat match most natural HA C2/C3's. But for a perfect match, its best to go with all the same finish. ie, all custom black HA.

houtex

Enlightened
Things have changed. I just scored a LEEF 2 x 18500 body.
What to do?
Gotta try and find the right bezel/head now?

DAMN this quest for light perfection!

jdboy

Enlightened
It's never ending, LOL! I just went through the same thing with my 6P build.