6d maglite

woz

Newly Enlightened
hi, im new to the forum and a little lost as regards modified torch's...im a dog handler living in shropshire uk..i work long shifts and require a reasonable torch with some decent reserve in the batteries....i bought a 6d maglite and a terra lux 3 led conversion i think it was around 700 lumins which worked ok for a month or so..after being dropped a few times it has ceased working.......im after modding the 6d or a 4d maglite so its reliable and throws a decent beam for a longish run time....is there anyone modding torch's in the midland's or has anyone anything for sale? iv read various threads and am a little lost as regards all the options i could do or buy....any advise will be greatfully receaved....

many thanks

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, woz :)

Fasten your seat-belt - you will not believe what is possible with a 6D Mag, lol. When you've finished reading about Mag623, 625, 458 and other conversions, life will never be the same again. If you want your mind blown, go to the Incan section and look up a few threads by LuxLuthor and other hotwire maniacs. This thread would be a good one as a starter.

woz

Newly Enlightened
wow..so many options and nowere near enough knowledge on my part lol thanks for the link

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Keep in mind that most of the magmods here are built to extremes - so either as bright as possible or a small as possible...... I like the last kind.

If you write down what it is exactly what you're looking for in a mod im sure you can find someone in the UK to help you build it. My guess i you'd want a 6D that runs on 6 regular or rechargeable cells with good output (not a zillion lumen light), great runtimes and an indestructible design, am i close?

woz

Newly Enlightened
spot on RepProdigious

iv copied some of the info off the. what do you want newbie havnt got a clue form.................................Holster carry..... maglite d6 size is fine....Incandescentor or led???...be happy if i can mod my own d6..open to opinions for type of battery...i have a maplins 160 lumin cree led torch and it definetly isnt powerfull enough for outside work..._50-150 yards of strong light....3 hours run time..possible to charge from the van???....needs to be very durable.....not fussed about switch type/location as long as its reliable...what do ya think on possibilities suppliers and cost????? cheers woz...

Last edited:

RepProdigious

Enlightened
Well, possibilities are pretty endless when a 6D is concerned. You have ample space for all kind of cells and thus different kind of voltages... if you lik some DIY stuff you can make it incandescent, LED or whatever you like.

I for example did this to my 6D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TjeiaJ486E
Even a maglite AA can get a big boost from some simple modding; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sALt26YAZFw

And i also did a simple garage sub-D conversion on a 3D you might want to check out:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...wto-(aka-Baby-D-a-1-3D-mag)-no-lathe-required
That thread includes some links to parts and prices.....