Single Cell CR123a - OLight T10 vs Lumapower Incendio V3

aimxplode

Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new small edc using Primary 1x CR123A with a budget of ~$50.

Right now I'm deciding between the Lumapower Incendio V3+ and the Olight T10 V2010. They are both forward clicky, which is a must, and both are around 200 lumens. I know I'll most likely end up with both in the future (haha), but which would be more highly recommended?

Any opinions would be awesome!

p.s. Here are the links I was looking at
http://www.batteryjunction.com/incendio.html
http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-t10-r5-v2010.html

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I don't own the T10, but have played with one quite a bit (goinggear is right down the street). I do own a Incendio v3+ in neutral tint. The Olight is slightly brighter and has a more defined hotspot so should have a little better throw. The tint on the Olight is very cool/purple looking to me ymmv as I've only played with one. The Incendio has what I consider a very nice beam profile. Super smooth transition from spot to spill, no blinding hotspot, and decent enough throw especially for it's size. Similar to my Nitecore EX11.2, but not quite as smooth or good.

Build quality I'd say they are about equal giving a slight edge to the Olight.

The Incendio is ~11mm shorter I love these small lights!

Incendio comes in a neutral flavor and it's quite a nice tint. A hair on the "red/pink" side if your white wall hunting, but very good color rendition.

I got the Incendio mainly for it's one handed UI. With the Olight you can use one hand, but will have to get creative to make it as simple to use as the Incendio as you'll have to loosen and tighten the head.

The Olight has 3 levels and a strobe. The Incendio has 4 levels, no strobe, and imo the levels are perfectly spaced on both CR and RCR. Although if you like a low low the Incendio's low is not that low. The Incendio also has memory and a great tactical lock feature. It works well.

A thought about the Incendio...the rear switch is recessed. You must use the point of your thumb to click it. It is responsive and gives nice feedback. If you have giant thumbs this might not be the light for you.

The new clip on the v3+ is really nice! I haven't seen the clip for the T10.

I've never seen any ANSI or OTF ratings for any Incendio model, but comparing it to a nitecore ex11.2, zebra sc51 & 51w, xeno 03, jetbeam bc10, I'd bet it's awfully close to ~200 lms otf on a cr123. With RCR I feel like it's close to ~300 lms. This is for my neutral model.

I wish you luck the choices are a plenty :twothumbs

Last edited:

aimxplode

Enlightened
Thanks for all that info! On the Incendio, I've read that modes are changed by a half press. Does that mean that if I activate momentary on twice in a row, it changes output each time?

Also, the EX11.2 looks awesome. The build quality looks top notch. I'm looking for the smallest bright clicky on CR123A's that I can find, and that is now definitely added to consideration.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct in your assumption: on the Incendio every half press of the switch causes a change of level. You can however lock very easily one of the levels and then you have a normal momentary switch.

The EX11 V.2 is a very nice light but it has an electronic switch not really a clicky. To use the momentary mode you have to loosen the head by more than one turn.

aimxplode

Enlightened
You are correct in your assumption: on the Incendio every half press of the switch causes a change of level. You can however lock very easily one of the levels and then you have a normal momentary switch.

The EX11 V.2 is a very nice light but it has an electronic switch not really a clicky. To use the momentary mode you have to loosen the head by more than one turn.

Thanks for confirming. Is it a hassle to lock the levels for a proper momentary, or is it pretty simple to do quickly?

Also I just wanted to clarify, the electronic switch is alright. I just want a light that isn't a twisty ;). Have you had any experience with the EX11.2?

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all that info! On the Incendio, I've read that modes are changed by a half press. Does that mean that if I activate momentary on twice in a row, it changes output each time?

Also, the EX11.2 looks awesome. The build quality looks top notch. I'm looking for the smallest bright clicky on CR123A's that I can find, and that is now definitely added to consideration.

Yeah, for the Incendio (while in the off state) a half press then another half press, within 1 second, will change brightness. Similarly a full click on, then off, then on within 1 second will do the same. Memory remembers the last mode you were in if you wait a full second. You can set a tactical lock by finding the brightness you want (either half or full click methods), turn off for 1 second, then 4 rapid presses will lock it in. Next time you momentary or full click power on, it will always be at that level no matter how quick you are. 4 quick presses while off will unlock it. The Incendio on RCR's acts just like it does when on CR's sans the greater brightness.

The Nitcore EX11.2 oh what a love or hate relationship I've had with it! I'm on my third one, I have a thread (search for "nitecore ex11.2.2?") and I have both loved and hated this light lol.

The key to getting one of these lights, because of quality control, is checking it out in-store and making sure it's a good one. The one I have now is a world of difference from the 1st two. Smoothest piston action, perfect UI that is 100% consistent, and the best edc form factor with clip out there imo. Feel free to PM me about my ex11.2 experinces :grin2:

I've also learned over the last month, that brightest doesn't = best. At first this was all I cared about. The difference between 170lms and 200lms to our eyes is not really noticeable imo

aimxplode

Enlightened
jbdan, You've got me worried about the EX11.2 now :p. The more I look at it, the more it seems like a great light, but, you've had to have yours replaced 3 times!!! I'm not lucky enough to live next to goinggear, so returning it would be a pain. Would you still recommend it to someone in my position?

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
jbdan, You've got me worried about the EX11.2 now :p. The more I look at it, the more it seems like a great light, but, you've had to have yours replaced 3 times!!! I'm not lucky enough to live next to goinggear, so returning it would be a pain. Would you still recommend it to someone in my position?

Unfortunately not without checking it out before it shipped to you. That is just my opinion. Yeah I'm on my third one, but after many nights investigating I've found what I believe to be the issue. Firstly the 2 different v2's, and secondly the brass ring that makes contact to the circuitry, and the spring that rides/encompasses the brass LED module.

It really is a killer light and it's a shame quality control rides true here. Some people here have zero issues (my 3rd one is a true v2 and the brass ring and spring are perfectly seated). Some have some minor issues like it not turning back off, but rather going to low (I had this with the first one), some have had the electronics fry emitting a strong odor (also with the first one), and then some have the brass ring issue where the ring (or spring or both) snags and does not return to the proper position (my second one).

So it's luck of the draw which stinks. But I like the light so much and feel confident I found the issues at hand (inspected this one out closely before walking out of the store) so I gave it another go :D

Last edited:

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
By the way, the Jetbeam BC10 is the brightest CR123 light I have seen running on a CR123. 270 OTF lumens and it shows it. It is a "budget light" and only has 2 modes High and Low (the low is ~20 lms) but don't let that stop you if you just want a simple, tactical, tailstanding, momentary Cr123 light. The price is right as well. I've played with, and numerous times, every light goinggear carries :crackup:

Note: this does not make me a professional judge of LED lights however :rolleyes:

aimxplode

Enlightened
By the way, the Jetbeam BC10 is the brightest CR123 light I have seen running on a CR123. 270 OTF lumens and it shows it. It is a "budget light" and only has 2 modes High and Low (the low is ~20 lms) but don't let that stop you if you just want a simple, tactical, tailstanding, momentary Cr123 light. The price is right as well. I've played with, and numerous times, every light goinggear carries :crackup:

Note: this does not make me a professional judge of LED lights however :rolleyes:

Haha, I already have a BA20 (after reading your Haiti post :D), and I wanted to change things up a bit. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Incendio because of how incredibly small it is, plus the AWESOME looking diffuser that's included. How do you like yours?

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
Haha, I already have a BA20 (after reading your Haiti post :D), and I wanted to change things up a bit. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Incendio because of how incredibly small it is, plus the AWESOME looking diffuser that's included. How do you like yours?

Awesome! My first enable-ee ;)

I like the Incendio a lot. It's a cool light, super small (maybe 1-2mm longer than the ex11.2) and works great on both CR and RCR. I like the neutral tint as well, less warm than my sc51w. Like a cool warm.

The diffuser is a bonus indeed and works great. The only thing I would say that could be a negative is if your not used to using your thumb point to press the switch or if you have HUGE thumbs! It is fairly recessed, and has no cut outs to use the middle of your thumb if you do that with other lights. I have no problem activating it.

It has a really cool add on kit as well where you can make it a thrower and use a 18650 for marathon battery runs...called the "Gt Upgrade Kit" I think

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience with Nitecore has not been a totally happy one either. If I well remember I have 13 of them and while only one actually died most of the others have needed repeated work on contacts, pistons and o-rings. It is a pity because they are great lights but I never carry a Nitecore when things could become difficult like during a late walk in the woods etc.

I have 12 Lumapower lights incuding 3 Incendio's (a V1, a V2 and a V3+) and I have been very happy with all of them. Additionally in the few cases when I needed spare gaskets and such the service has been outstanding which apparently can not be said of Nitecore.

aimxplode

Enlightened
Kilovolt, did something break in your Incendios that required replacing? Other than that, the Incendio is looking great.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem at all with my Incendio's. :cool:

I buy my Lumapower lights directly from them and occasionally it happened that some spare parts were missing from the box: the replacements were sent immediately after my asking.