Pelican M6 uses, how do you carry your spares?

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Greetings fellow PM6 users,

May I know how do you carry your spare bulb assembly? I am using the SC1 to carry spare batteries, but the spare bulb assembly doesn't fit into the carrier (or does it?). So, how do you carry the spare bulb assembly without fear of crushing it in your bag?

Many thanks in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I converted mine to a McModule assembly so I don't need to carry a spare, but you could try a film canister--looks like two may fit in one canister. Add some foam padding in there to give it a little more of a cushion.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a McModule, but I carry the stock lamp assembly and reflector in a 35mm film cannister in my gear bag. With both the stock reflector and the LA the cannister is pretty full so there isn't any need to pad the inside. The bulb is fairly well protected inside the reflector spring. I also have an APS canister with two 123As. These two cannisters together fit perfectly inside countycomm's magazine pouch [1].

[1] http://www.countycomm.com/ccmagpouch.htm

nonbox

Banned
Can you fit the PM6 in the countycomm's magazine pouch? What are the dimensions of countycomm's magazine pouch?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
It fits fine in the magazine pouch, but it actually fits better in the countycomm X5T pouch [1]. The magazine pouch measures 2" wide x 4.5" tall x 1" deep, but it expands a bit bigger than that in all directions. The X5T pouch is 1.5" wide x 4.5" tall x 0.75" deep. It also will expand a bit in any direction. It especially will expand in tallness, as the flap is very large. Both are very well-built.

[1] http://www.countycomm.com/inova%20pouch.htm

nonbox

Banned
thanks tylerdurden /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I really appreciate it.

Do you know if you can fit a folding knife that is 5" closed in the large countrycomm pouch?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would imagine it would fit. The PM6 is about 5.5" and it fits because the flap is long enough to wrap over the head of the light and still have enough slack to engage the velcro.

Spango

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
I have a McModule, but I carry the stock lamp assembly and reflector in a 35mm film cannister in my gear bag. With both the stock reflector and the LA the cannister is pretty full so there isn't any need to pad the inside. The bulb is fairly well protected inside the reflector spring. I also have an APS canister with two 123As. These two cannisters together fit perfectly inside countycomm's magazine pouch [1].

[1] http://www.countycomm.com/ccmagpouch.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! Now, I am storing my spare bulb assembly in a 35mm film cannister, with lots of padding of course. It works great! How does an APS canister looks like? I've 35mm film cannisters, but I've never seen a APS canister before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Currently, I am using a SF SC1 to carry my spare batteries. Okay if I put it in my bag, but it is a bit too bulky if I try to put it in my pockets. Not too keen on wearing it on my neck though.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

DaveT

Enlightened
Spango - APS film is also known as Advantix. The canisters are a bit shorter than 35mm, and more oval than round. I just got a couple yesterday, and the batteries fit in fine, but I had to work the canister a bit to get them out. I think if I were going to carry the canisters daily, I'd use scotch tape to keep the lid on more securely.
Dave

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
It fits fine in the magazine pouch, but it actually fits better in the countycomm X5T pouch [1]. The magazine pouch measures 2" wide x 4.5" tall x 1" deep, but it expands a bit bigger than that in all directions. The X5T pouch is 1.5" wide x 4.5" tall x 0.75" deep. It also will expand a bit in any direction. It especially will expand in tallness, as the flap is very large. Both are very well-built.

[1] http://www.countycomm.com/inova%20pouch.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are both great pouches. The X5T pouch makes a great battery holder and will hold six 123's perfectly. Just tuck a few stitches in the open bottom and you're set. It's probably the most compact holder for that many batteries and isn't much bigger than the 3x123 holder designed for that purpose. I'll experiment later to see if I can safely put a PM6 lamp in there along with four 123's.

Brightnorm

nonbox

Banned
Is the countycomm's magazine pouch too big for a SF E2? Or is the countycomm X5T pouch a better fit?

83Venture

Enlightened
I keep the E2e with red lens in the X5 case. Or with the KL1 bezel and sometimes a beam shaper. Plenty of room however you want to mix & match.