1" Light Filters/Diffusers?

aaron_c

Newly Enlightened
I'm not very knowledgeable in the flashlight industry so I decided to come ask you guys this question. You helped me find the company Insight Technologies a few months ago when I was hunting for an alternative to the TLR-1 for my handgun, and I ended up with the Insight WX-150...and I love this thing! I'll probably be starting another thread while I'm over here on the forum in a bit, but for now, onto my question.

While it's absolutely perfect for scouting the outside with its 150 lumens, it's very bright for inside, as my home has white drywall and doors that seems to practically reflect the light right back into my eyes. Does anyone other than Surefire make flip-open diffusers/filters for 1" bezels that are worth looking at? About $100 for their FM54 model seems ridiculous, maybe I'm wrong.

WX150pics001.jpg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both Surefire 1" diameter diffusers (FM54 and F04) since I have a large number of bezel 1" diameter Surefire lights. The price of the FM54 is high, but this diffuser is made of aluminium not fiber reinforced plastic like most other Surefire diffusers. That is the reason of this higt price IMO. The FM54 is for me the best of the diffusers I have for my flashlight and I have 3 or 4 different flip open diffusers (SF U2/Kroma, SF V2, SF P60 compatible lights, SF E-series). The cheap alternative would be the F04. The disadvantage for this type of diffuser is you must remove it if you would like to youse the regular beam.