Inova X series LEDs

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I am not really new to the forum but it is the first time posting so wish me luck. I know that Inova has a love hate relationship here but I picked one (XO3) up today from Target because it was one of the new ones with duel out put. When I got it home I looked at the light and noticed that the LED was much smaller than the previous version and speculated as to what it was. I have a trick where I shine the light on the ceiling through a magnifying glass to get a better look at the LED. When I did so I as surprised to see that it looked like a Cree XP-E emitter. I compared it to another light Fenix E21 and it looked the same. Does anyone know what emitters Inova is using in its new line up of lights??

DSCN0535.JPG

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Thanks for your reply. I actually came across that post last night but the led in the xo3 is shrouded by the reflector and is hard to identify. Regular use of xp-e/xp-g show the chip they are mounted to which makes it easier to id. I have come to the conclusion that it is indeed a xp-e of some type.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone mentioned in another thread that they were told by Nite Ize/INOVA that CREEs are being used in thier lights now.The Commonly Used LED Emitter Index cited by parnass is a great resource!